Judge rules mom can't teach daughter...

TitanTiger

Judge to Christian mom:  No 'homophobic' teaching

In custody case orders child's religious upbringing must not expose her to idea homosexuality wrong

October 31, 2003

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com   

A Colorado mother is appealing a child custody decision in which a court barred her from teaching homosexuality is wrong. 

Cheryl Clark, who says she is a Christian, has been ordered by Denver County Circuit Judge John W. Coughlin to "make sure that there is nothing in the religious upbringing or teaching that the minor child is exposed to that can be considered homophobic." 

The directive arose from the decision to award joint parenting responsibilities for her daughter to a practicing homosexual. 

"Forbidding the raising of children in the parent's Christian beliefs is an anathema to parental rights and religious freedom," said Mathew D. Staver, president and general counsel of Florida-based Liberty Counsel. "Must the mother rip out pages of the Bible that say homosexuality is against nature, or must she cover her child's ears if her pastor preaches about sexual purity?" 

Staver explained to WorldNetDaily Clark and Elsey McLeod were in a lesbian relationship that broke up after Clark became a Christian and concluded homosexual behavior was wrong. 

The Denver court gave McLeod joint custody of Clark's adopted daughter, Emma, even though McLeod had no legal relationship to the girl. It also, in conjunction with the ruling in favor of McLeod, said Clark cannot raise her child with any religious teaching or upbringing that is "homophobic"...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=35365

Gotta love judges imposing their PC stupidity on people. :roll:

what a mess that must be.

at the end of the day, you gotta hope the kid gets what's best for him/her.

does a parent have the right to teach their child what they believe is right and wrong? sure they do. unfortunately, this mom's message is so UN-PC, it's sure to rankle many feathers.

how is this much different from the mom trashing the father as a scumbag to the kids after the mother and father have divorced??

what a mess that must be.

ct

Well, the other problem is that there is no precedent for giving any custody rights for a child to anyone based merely on a past sexual relationship with their parent. This woman did not give birth to the child, she was never legally married to the mother, she did not legally adopt the child...yet she gets custody rights? What bizzaro world do judges like this live in?

well all the mom had to do was go to the bible and show the child the verses where god say that homosexaulity was wrong. Forgive me but I haven't read the bible as much as I should when I was younger, but I know for a fact that is in there somewhere more than once. Need to start going back to church.

well all the mom had to do was go to the bible and show the child the verses where god say that homosexaulity was wrong. Forgive me but I haven't read the bible as much as I should when I was younger, but I know for a fact that is in there somewhere more than once. Need to start going back to church.

You should get a bible and find all the places where its mentioned. And in the mean time, there's a lot of other good stuff in there also. :D Good Reading!

hmmmmm. Now the government is telling parents what they can and can't teach their children.

NOT GOOD.

:blink:

turning a little bit Libertarian are we :D

See you Saturday [or maybe Friday night]..........................

Archived