Why don't all of you radical left wingers

aucorner

Why don't you all go live in France where you can spew you hatred towards the United States with everyone's support?

Also, when are you all going to realize that it is good to be King........or are too afraid or lazy to go out and stake your claim? :P

It is for all of you out there that continue flood this board with hate-filled propaganda and that take for granted that you live in the most prosperous and best country on the face of the globe. If you do not agree, then move to a better country. It is hard for me to believe that a lot of you all support some of the political agendas discussed here considering that you are someway associated with Auburn University.

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports to develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it. -George Petrie

aucorner, I'm sorry that you feel that any differing opinion from yours is 'hate filled propaganda.' I assure you, I hate no one. Four more years of W might force me to reconsider, but, as of right now, I hate no one. It is for the very reasons that you stated, that we are the most prosperous and best country on the face of the globe, that I voice my opinion. We aren't acting like it and we can do better. Never in our history has America launched a war against another country without request or provocation, and to do it now, in the manner in which it was done is obscene because its' initiation relied heavily on the manipulation of the truth. I know that you don't see it that way and probably never will and I'm OK with that. It is your decision. But, up to and until I'm shown differently, I choose to believe as I have said. That is my decision.

I don't know why you always throw the AU creed up as if it is the conservative manifesto. It's as if you believe that we Democrats could not possibly withstand the rigors of the creed, as you like to use it like it was the ace of spades. I promise you that, although your creed isn't mine because I didn't go to Auburn, I have absolutely no problem with it or living up to it.

I am not supporting aucorner here, because I am not offended by your liberal (i.e. wrong ;) ) views, but I still have a hard time thinking we were not provoked into war. No, Saddam himself didn't have anything to do with 9/11 but he, in no way supports America. He, the Taliban, and many countries in the middle east have harbored terrorists for too long. These terrorists are the very ones who hate America. Regimes that continue to hide these criminals against humanity must be eliminated.

I am not supporting aucorner here, because I am not offended by your liberal (i.e. wrong ;) ) views, but I still have a hard time thinking we were not provoked into war. No, Saddam himself didn't have anything to do with 9/11 but he, in no way supports America. He, the Taliban, and many countries in the middle east have harbored terrorists for too long. These terrorists are the very ones who hate America. Regimes that continue to hide these criminals against humanity must be eliminated.

Although it pains me to admit it ;) I am supporting you on this one, TigerAl - because I do believe in free speech, even if it is pinko commie swill. :lol: We can agree to disagree, but you ahve the right to speak your mind as much as I do. Maybe the content offends some, but it is your right to say it and engage in conversation with us all the same.

However, I agree with Rainman on the other point, because I firmly believe that this IS a war, and a war like no other we have faced in the history of our nation. It would be great if we could define an entire, specific country as our enemy this time - like Germany and Japan in WWII. Unfortunately, terrorism knows no border, and no allegience to any one country - but yet terrorists, specifically those of the radical Islamic faith, have declared war on the United States of America and its allies. It is incumbent upon us as a nation to defend ourselves by going wherever we have to and doing whatever is necessary to root out these bastards. As the Bush Doctrine states, those that harbor terrorists are equal to them in the eyes of the United States - you are either with us or against us - take your pick and deal with the consequences. There is no doubt in my mind, at least, that Iraq was a haven for those who would do harm to this country - even if, for the sake of argument, there was no direct contact between Hussein and Al Queda, he didn't exactly make life hard on them within his borders either. Our President is doing what he feels is the right thing to do by creating one less safe haven for these killers, and I support him.

- but yet terrorists, specifically those of the radical Islamic faith, have declared war on the United States of America and its allies.

Looking at the targets that our enemies are hitting in Iraq; the UN, the Red Crescent, the Iraqi police, and now the horrible threat against school children, our enemies are attacking not only the US, but the existence of civilization itself. I agree that TigerAl and his brethren should be here voicing their opinion loud and clear. But, this war we are fighting against Islamic extremism has been going on for well over 20 years and until we come together as a country and commit all of our resources to this fight, they (the Democrats) are only dragging out the war and giving aid and comfort to our enemies...

Al,

Your mistake here was in taking corner's idiotic bait.

Well, like I said, I've seen him post the AU creed probably four or five times as a 'response' to an article or opinion that either I and/or you have posted. I'm not entirely sure of his intentions or implications and have finally decided to find out.

aucorner, I'm anxiously waiting for your response.

First, my post was only a suggestion :)

Second, I am very proud of my Auburn background and the Auburn Creed because I believe that it represents the values that have made this country great. I also believe, as stated before, that the democratic party is so far left that it will damage this great country because of how it bows to any and all special interests groups and does not make decisions for the common good of the country and its people. Further, I find it very disgusting that Democratic leaders are speaking out against the war in Iraq.

If the current Democratic agenda is allowed to continue, over time this country will lose its sovereignty without an enemy soldier ever stepping foot on our soil. If we as citizens continue to allow the degradation of our values, morals, and pricipals that we have seen in the last decade, we are in trouble as a people and country.

And before you judge me as being right wing radical.................in any political quiz I have ever taken, I am dead-center Libertarian. Just some insight as to why I think everything is skewed left.

It is for all of you out there that continue flood this board with hate-filled propaganda and that take for granted that you live in the most prosperous and best country on the face of the globe.  If you do not agree, then move to a better country.  It is hard for me to believe that a lot of you all support some of the political agendas discussed here considering that you are someway associated with Auburn University.

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports to develop these qualities.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it. -George Petrie

And because I believe in these things, I cannot vote Democratic. ;)

DKW 86

It is for all of you out there that continue flood this board with hate-filled propaganda and that take for granted that you live in the most prosperous and best country on the face of the globe.  If you do not agree, then move to a better country.  It is hard for me to believe that a lot of you all support some of the political agendas discussed here considering that you are someway associated with Auburn University.

And because I believe in these things, I cannot vote Democratic. ;)

DKW 86

:)

Second, I am very proud of my Auburn background and the Auburn Creed because I believe that it represents the values that have made this country great. I also believe, as stated before, that the democratic party is so far left that it will damage this great country because of how it bows to any and all special interests groups and does not make decisions for the common good of the country and its people. Further, I find it very disgusting that Democratic leaders are speaking out against the war in Iraq.

If the current Democratic agenda is allowed to continue, over time this country will lose its sovereignty without an enemy soldier ever stepping foot on our soil. If we as citizens continue to allow the degradation of our values, morals, and pricipals that we have seen in the last decade, we are in trouble as a people and country.

And before you judge me as being right wing radical.................in any political quiz I have ever taken, I am dead-center Libertarian. Just some insight as to why I think everything is skewed left.

And my question still goes unanswered.

Never in our history has America launched a war against another country without request or provocation

what about Korea and Vietnam................

communism then and the Muslim system now. This time at least there have been attacks byt the Muslim system on our soil.

Second, I am very proud of my Auburn background and the Auburn Creed because I believe that it represents the values that have made this country great.  I also believe, as stated before, that the democratic party is so far left that it will damage this great country because of how it bows to any and all special interests groups and does not make decisions for the common good of the country and its people.  Further, I find it very disgusting that Democratic leaders are speaking out against the war in Iraq.

If the current Democratic agenda is allowed to continue, over time this country will lose its sovereignty without an enemy soldier ever stepping foot on our soil.  If we as citizens continue to allow the degradation of our values, morals, and pricipals that we have seen in the last decade, we are in trouble as a people and country.

And before you judge me as being right wing radical.................in any political quiz I have ever taken, I am dead-center Libertarian.  Just some insight as to why I think everything is skewed left.

And my question still goes unanswered.

are you obtuse?

the Auburn Creed represents a way of living that is very different than the agenda of the far left. Ray Charles can see that...........

Never in our history has America launched a war against another country without request or provocation

That's a nice little attempt at revisionist history, but it's not likely to get you a teaching job. Better take a look at the third phrase in the AU creed. ;)

are you obtuse?

the Auburn Creed represents a way of living that is very different than the agenda of the far left. Ray Charles can see that...........

Can you be more specific? I find it hard to believe that you'd think that liberals/progressives/Democrats are incapable of hard work, education, honesty, sound minds/bodies/athletics, the law, sympathy for others and God and country. I know there has to be a misunderstanding on my part, or maybe I am obtuse.

Then why attack Iraq? Perhaps we perceived them as weaker because of a decade of sanctions and disarmament. Perhaps Bush saw this as HIS Granada. However, the facts are that Saudi Arabia is as brutal a dictatorship as Iraq. Fifteen of the nineteen hijackers on September 11th were Saudi citizens. The chief achitect of the attacks on America was the son of the Saudi ruler. When Bush was forced politically to investigate the 9-11 attacks, he hid the 24-pages that chronicled Saudi Arabia's involvement in the attacks. There were NO WMDs in Iraq!! Iraq had NOT tried to buy plutonium for any African nations. They had not acquired aluminum tubes to use as a centrifuge. There were never any ties found between Iraq and Osama Bin Laden before the war and none have surfaced since Bush declared the war over and won. However, there ARE questions from both sides of the aisles of Congress over Saudi Arabia's involvement and all they've met from the Bush administration is a stone wall. Has Bush put his family's friendship with the Saudi Royal family over the security of the American citizenry? If he'd release the information about the Saudi involvement in 9-11, we might know the answers to what REALLY happened in the days leading up to 9-11. Instead we have risked the lives of our National Guard fighting a war that has nothing to do with our security or the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. THAT's why we liberals think Bush has made a huge mistake and why we believe that he is compounding it every day that he keeps our troops over there with targets on their backs instead of turning the transformation over to the United nations, which was chartered just for situations such as this. We're perceived as the aggressors and an occupying force in Iraq. Instead of Iraqis cheering us in the streets as their liberators, they're using guerrilla tactics to inflict daily casualties and to demoralize our troops. Let a UN chartered group of Arabs help to establish a new government and you'll see the daily terrorist attacks disappear. Unfortunately, our president has too big an ego to admit that we need the UN's help without the stipulation that HE is the one in charge.

That's a nice little attempt at revisionist history, but it's not likely to get you a teaching job. Better take a look at the third phrase in the AU creed. ;)

are you obtuse?

Can you be more specific? I find it hard to believe that you'd think that liberals/progressives/Democrats are incapable of hard work, education, honesty, sound minds/bodies/athletics, the law, sympathy for others and God and country. I know there has to be a misunderstanding on my part, or maybe I am obtuse.

:rolleyes:

This is exactly why the agenda of the left is mainstream today.........you guys won't listen if we libertarians/republicans don't answer in the way you want us too. On top of that you want to argue until we lose interest and then you claim victory.

We libertarians/republicans do not have time for meaningless drivle and wasted words because we have a drive to stake our claim in the world [and not look for a handout or government support for our plight] and to continue to be capitalist pigs. :D

And one other thing, if you cannot see how the Auburn Creed speaks in terms opposite of the left's agenda, then there is no talking to you at all.

corner, I asked you a specific question to which you can't or won't answer. I'm sorry you feel so defensive about this that you want to take your toys and go home. Have a nap and then just answer the question.

I rarely chime in on politics, but for the war I go with what my cousin said who fought over there.

"I'm not doing it for now or for what happened on 9/11, Im doing it out of fear of 10 years from now and my son."

Either I have lost sight of the question or you did not like my answer.  Either way, I have lost interest. ;)
Can you be more specific? I find it hard to believe that you'd think that liberals/progressives/Democrats are incapable of hard work, education, honesty, sound minds/bodies/athletics, the law, sympathy for others and God and country. I know there has to be a misunderstanding on my part, or maybe I am obtuse

Archived