pedophilia natural and normal for males.

cooltigger21

And people in distant times probably had your same mindset. Again, all relative to the time and society you live.

Let's phrase this differently, shall we?

You understand how lightning works, I'm sure. Say I fling you back in time to Ancient Greek culture. During a violent thunderstorm, one of the Grecian fellows makes a comment about how angry Zeus must be to unleash such a severe storm. Does the fact that you're in Ancient Greece make him any less wrong? By your logic, he would be correct, because you're in his era, and Zeus is simply in a particularly foul mood on this particular day.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not defending the behavior, I am just saying that it is relative to what time and society you live in. I'm on your side. Pedophilia is disgusting and sick. We know that. The Greeks didn't. They thought it was beneficial. We know it isn't. People in distant times thought homosexuality was sick and twisted. Society doesn't believe that now. Again, different times.

Why would they have given a damn about what you believe? Relative.

No. Just because something was OK in the past does not make it OK now.

Quite true, just as the fact that something was wrong or a crime in the past does not make it wrong now.

As for the relative merit of the ancient Greeks, there is not a human culture in history that I'd put up as a perfect beacon for a healthy society, including our own, simply because perfection is not possible in any human activity. Each culture has its strength and weaknesses. The Greeks gave us the concepts of formal logic and Socratic inquiry that are the foundations of our modern world view, yet they would execute Socrates for just speaking his mind. In many ways we are very enlightened compared to 2-3 millennia ago, in other ways no better or perhaps even more parochial.

Only somewhat on topic....

Always delve into the statistics these types of "news bits" are presented from.

There was one around 2011 that proclaimed a high rate of pedophilia in grown men and women that caused a stir....

after a few weeks it was found the study basically:

1: told participants it was about finding what one sex found attractive in the opposite sex

2: Used pictures of mostly 15-16 year old developed males(hairy/muscular) and females(wide hips/thick breasts) all in revealing clothing.

3: did not disclose the age of the pictures shown

Basically, it caused a buzz/fear for a lil'while then was found to be complete BS.

Only somewhat on topic....

Always delve into the statistics these types of "news bits" are presented from.

There was one around 2011 that proclaimed a high rate of pedophilia in grown men and women that caused a stir....

after a few weeks it was found the study basically:

1: told participants it was about finding what one sex found attractive in the opposite sex

2: Used pictures of mostly 15-16 year old developed males(hairy/muscular) and females(wide hips/thick breasts) all in revealing clothing.

3: did not disclose the age of the pictures shown

Basically, it caused a buzz/fear for a lil'while then was found to be complete BS.

But there has been more than one, and they haven't all suffered from that sort of methodological problem. Some of them report very high prevalence, too.

Mary Kay cheated on her husband & left her family... Pretty sure her case has zero to do with the thread title.

That should be your first clue. Being simultaneously sure and wrong is what you do.

Only I wasn't wrong . You are.

She was married, with kids, and she's also not a male.

Do the math.

What two consenting adults do is in no way comparable to what an adult AND A NON-CONSENTING, BECAUSE THEY CANNOT GIVE CONSENT, CHILD DO.

You are of course absolutely right, and that has been explained many times by multiple posters in this forum.

Yet some still try to conflate homosexuality with pedophilia or bestiality. To be honest, I've practically given up trying to talk sense into those as a waste of my time, but best of luck to you if you still have the time and energy to waste. ;)/>

Well, to play devil's advocate, it really all has to do with what society deems normal and natural. Go back many, many years. Homosexuality was a crime, a mental illness, and was probably the most depraved and disgusting thing a person could do or be. Our belief about how depraved, disgusting, and criminal pedophilia is, is the same mindset those people long, long ago had about homosexuality. No different. We can say it's different and not the same because we live in a society that is more accepting of the gay community now. Who is to say that society many, many years in the future won't be as accepting of pedophilia as we are of homosexuality? No one really knows. Just saying.

Weegs, actually you must relegate the time you go back to only a few hundred years.

http://www.bidstrup....obiahistory.htm and many other sites and histories.

SInce the beginning of recorded time there have been texts and histories that show that in almost all cultures and in throughout recorded history homosexuality was found and not discouraged. The Satyricon and other ancient works show how very prevalent homosexual sex was among the Romans and Greeks. (Hell, it is often referred to as Greek Sex.) Even hetero men are okay to have sex with acceptable male partners. Although not all males were acceptable, high born male minors were off limits, it was found over and over again in literature. The link above was used to show that in some histories, even early church members were found to be in lifelong homosexual relationships.

Cicero, one of the greatest of Roman jurists, speaks endlessly of Roman law, including in detail those statutes dealing with sexual relations, but nowhere does he mention homosexuality. Cicero ridicules many prominent citizens for having been male prostitutes during their youth, but nowhere does he indicate that it was illegal, and in one case, in defending one Cnaeus Plancius from the charge that he had taken a male lover into the country to have sex with him, he states categorically that "this is not a crime."

You can read more...

Mary Kay cheated on her husband & left her family... Pretty sure her case has zero to do with the thread title.

That should be your first clue. Being simultaneously sure and wrong is what you do.

Do the math.

Exactly the point. You do not have to be male in order to engage in pedophilia.

Yes, you are wrong.

Do the math.

Exactly the point. You do not have to be male in order to engage in pedophilia.

Yes, you are wrong.

:thumbsup: LeTourneau was female and most definitely fit the pedophile definition.

I never made any such claim , so I'm not wrong.

You claimed she had nothing to do with the thread title.

So, whether you admit it or not. You are wrong, yet again. I do admire your consistency.

She doesn't, and I'm not wrong. The thread title is about makes, not females. Even you can't deny that simple fact. If you have issue with the premise that MALES alone can be pedos, that's between you & the study. It's not MY position.

Curious if anyone watched "Call the Midwife", another Brit drama series broadcast by PBS?

The themes in one plot line featured an homosexual who ran afoul of the British decency and sexual offenses laws that criminalized.

It was interesting to view it from a personal perspective.

http://www.pbs.org/call-the-midwife/home/

(~12:00 in)

It was interesting to view it from a personal perspective.

Homie - you're a British homo ?

Archived