Marco Rubio makes it official - running for President

TitanTiger

Senator Marco Rubio from Florida announced his candidacy for president with a call to donors Monday morning. Rubio is expected to make a formal announcement Monday evening, making him the third Republican to officially enter the 2016 presidential race. He is expected to present himself as a fresh, young, next-generation leader, in contrast to Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton whose families have been prominent in politics for decades. During his campaign, he will likely play up the optimistic theme of American greatness from his recently published book, “American Dreams.”

Hillary Clinton officially announced her candidacy on Sunday with a two-minute video saying, “Everyday Americans need a champion. And I want to be that champion.”

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/marco-rubio-joins-2016-presidential-race

I'll keep an eye on him. He could be a viable option. He's not terribly experienced, but then again neither was Obama. Whether that's a good thing or not will vary with the person.

Well, I already know one position he has taken on which you will disagree. Cuba.

I guess we'll see though. I hope he brings some sanity to the Republican field.

Well, I already know one position he has taken on which you will disagree. Cuba.

I do disagree with him on that. But while I think it's common sense to open up relations with them, it doesn't rank terribly high in my list of most critical issues.

I do disagree with him on that. But while I think it's common sense to open up relations with them, it doesn't rank terribly high in my list of most critical issues.

Agreed. I'm curious to see how he campaigns.

Agreed. I'm curious to see how he campaigns.

Like I said in the other thread, beginning to open up relations with Cuba wouldn't be even a speck on the radar of 99% of Americans if not for the outsized influence of the Cuban exiles in a key swing state. In fact, it would have already happened probably 15-20 years ago.

He's more electable than the other loons who have announced for the GOP.

And that huge leftist loon in the pantsuit !

Archived