Wisconsin's Shame

AFTiger

‘THEY CAME WITH A BATTERING RAM.” Cindy Archer, one of the lead architects of Wisconsin’s Act 10 — also called the “Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill,” it limited public-employee benefits and altered collective-bargaining rules for public-employee unions — was jolted awake by yelling, loud pounding at the door, and her dogs’ frantic barking. The entire house — the windows and walls — was shaking. She looked outside to see up to a dozen police officers, yelling to open the door. They were carrying a battering ram.

She wasn’t dressed, but she started to run toward the door, her body in full view of the police. Some yelled at her to grab some clothes, others yelled for her to open the door. “I was so afraid,” she says. “I did not know what to do.” She grabbed some clothes, opened the door, and dressed right in front of the police. The dogs were still frantic. “I begged and begged, ‘Please don’t shoot my dogs, please don’t shoot my dogs, just don’t shoot my dogs.’ I couldn’t get them to stop barking, and I couldn’t get them outside quick enough. I saw a gun and barking dogs. I was scared and knew this was a bad mix.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalr...on-david-french

My this story is popular today. Interesting considering it dates back to 2011.

I don't doubt for a moment that the investigation was no more than a political "witch hunt" but, it did lead to six criminal convictions (Archer was not one of them), a secret email server used to thwart public records laws, and a chain of racist emails.

Itchy, none of this particular information was known until now. We knew that this DA, who is married to a teacher, was desperate to get Scot Walker because of the legislation he got passed concerning unions. We didn't know they went into peoples homes like the KGB and the Gestapo did. You've got civil rights violations all over the place here. This DA, the judge and the police involved should all be sued and taken to the cleaners at the minimum. Truthfully they should be facing criminal charges as well. Whether that will ever come to pass I don't know.

I don't doubt for a moment that the investigation was no more than a political "witch hunt" but, it did lead to six criminal convictions (Archer was not one of them), a secret email server used to thwart public records laws, and a chain of racist emails.

The whole point was that THIS was never supposed to get into the public arena. So you completely dismiss it because the people involved were badgered into not reporting it?

Do you not choke when you swallow the hook, the sinker, and half a pole worth of fishing line? You are absolutely doing what the folks that tried to cover this stuff WANT YOU TO DO.

And, yes, there were the warnings. Don’t call your lawyer. Don’t talk to anyone about this. Don’t tell your friends. The kids watched — alarmed — as the school bus drove by, with the students inside watching the spectacle of uniformed police surrounding the house, carrying out the family’s belongings. Yet they were told they couldn’t tell anyone at school. They, too, had to remain silent. The mom watched as her entire life was laid open before the police. Her professional files, her personal files, everything. She knew this was all politics. She knew a rogue prosecutor was targeting her for her political beliefs.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417155/wisconsins-shame-i-thought-it-was-home-invasion-david-french

Democrat Mike Nifong would be sssooo proud!

Please site the link to the six criminal convictions, etc.

If Archer was not involved, then why in hell were they at her residence? This makes absolutely no sense.

I'm going to go ahead and inject some partisanship into this. The ACLU and other civil liberty organizations have been strangely silent on this. Well actually it's not strange at all. They don't usually get too worked up over things that happen to conservatives. Every once in a while they will. They may yet but I wouldn't bet on it. We'll see. If this had been done to democrat supporters, they would have been screaming from the mountaintops and the MSM news outlets would have made it their lead story.

I'm going to go ahead and inject some partisanship into this. The ACLU and other civil liberty organizations have been strangely silent on this. Well actually it's not strange at all. They don't usually get too worked up over things that happen to conservatives. Every once in a while they will. They may yet but I wouldn't bet on it. We'll see. If this had been done to democrat supporters, they would have been screaming from the mountaintops and the MSM news outlets would have made it their lead story.

This is why i will never be a Democrat Party guy, the partisan crapping on the civil rights of others. As a rule, The Dems are just in it for the power. The Reps are in just for the cash. But the Dems, it is raw political power. The wont call this out and reject it. They will be like ichy and try and justify the unjustifiable.

This is why i will never be a Democrat Party guy, the partisan crapping on the civil rights of others. As a rule, The Dems are just in it for the power. The Reps are in just for the cash. But the Dems, it is raw political power. The wont call this out and reject it. They will be like ichy and try and justify the unjustifiable.

I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion. Democrats are highly skilled artisans at corporatism and the rewards that come from that. Just look at the Clintons and Harry Reid. Power will always attract money.

I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion. Democrats are highly skilled artisans at corporatism and the rewards that come from that. Just look at the Clintons and Harry Reid. Power will always attract money.

They do but they truly crave the raw power more than anything else. They are not the least bit afraid of using just exactly these kinds of tactics to silence their political enemies.

Please site the link to the six criminal convictions, etc.

If Archer was not involved, then why in hell were they at her residence? This makes absolutely no sense.

http://wisconsinwatc...ts-emails-show/

Again, I have no doubt that part of this investigation was a "witch hunt". However it did not begin that way. What initially triggered the DA's investigation was missing funds from a veteran's fund raising event. Tim Russell, a top Walker aid, was given a two year sentence for stealing $27,000.00 (see link below) from the veterans event and the veteran's group it was held for. Information from computers taken during the investigation also turned up evidence of Walker staffers working on his campaign for governor on county time. Past that point, IMO, the investigation begins to drag on as the "witch hunt" begins.

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/former-walker-aide-tim-russell-gets-prison-for-stealing-from/article_fbe19ae6-64b7-11e2-a1ae-0019bb2963f4.html

Welcome to the new world order.... ;)

Itchy, none of this particular information was known until now. We knew that this DA, who is married to a teacher, was desperate to get Scot Walker because of the legislation he got passed concerning unions. We didn't know they went into peoples homes like the KGB and the Gestapo did. You've got civil rights violations all over the place here. This DA, the judge and the police involved should all be sued and taken to the cleaners at the minimum. Truthfully they should be facing criminal charges as well. Whether that will ever come to pass I don't know.

Actually, much of it has been known.

So the investigation closed in March of 2013. Walker has been elected 1-2 more times since then. The "6 Convictions:" 4 amount to nothing or almost nothing, two dont look good but only one has lead to jail time. Walker's staff was inundated by FOIA requests for the same info from multiple entities. They responded to the requests, no one ever said they didnt. They worked on the campaign while on govt time, so has every other political staffer in the free world.

The bulk of this is...political payback, nothing more. Seizing personal property, demanding that they not question anything, not go to an attorney, not explain any of this to your friends and neighbors. Democrat Party Officials from Chicago to DC must so proud and so envious. Imagine being able to get your Democrat Party jack booted thugs to rough up anyone and everyone and have absolutely no one stand in the way. Hey just piss and defecate on the constitution while you are ruining people without giving them even the right to a fair and speedy trial. It must have given the DNC multiple orgasms watching how these thugs and the DA could do all this. Of course, now, that it is might be time for a new DA that could pay all this back...well, its time to erase this crap law from off the books.

You know what this really reminds me of? The Clintons and the White House Travel Office. Drag the FBI in to drum up some bogus charges that eventually fall away but make sure you ruin the innocent by reputation and financially as well.

If the two guys actually did take the funds, have at them. But you know, you could have done all this with just good old regular laws and have not trashed these people like this. But that was the point. It was a witch hunt, from beginning to end. It was payback for Walker beating the Unions in Wisconsin. He beat them not once but three times already and they are livid about it and dont mind crapping all over justice and fairness to make the point.

One last shot: this is why you will never see any emails from Benghazi or from the Clinton Fund. They know how this thing is played and wiping the email server was their way of making sure they dont get caught pulling the same garbage that Walker got smeared with here.

BTW< i didnt read anything in this witch hunt about racist emails. Just another 24/7/365 paranoid Democrat Party smear?

So the investigation closed in March of 2013. Walker has been elected 1-2 more times since then. The "6 Convictions:" 4 amount to nothing or almost nothing, two dont look good but only one has lead to jail time. Walker's staff was inundated by FOIA requests for the same info from multiple entities. They responded to the requests, no one ever said they didnt. They worked on the campaign while on govt time, so has every other political staffer in the free world.

The bulk of this is...political payback, nothing more. Seizing personal property, demanding that they not question anything, not go to an attorney, not explain any of this to your friends and neighbors. Democrat Party Officials from Chicago to DC must so proud and so envious. Imagine being able to get your Democrat Party jack booted thugs to rough up anyone and everyone and have absolutely no one stand in the way. Hey just piss and defecate on the constitution while you are ruining people without giving them even the right to a fair and speedy trial. It must have given the DNC multiple orgasms watching how these thugs and the DA could do all this. Of course, now, that it is might be time for a new DA that could pay all this back...well, its time to erase this crap law from off the books.

You know what this really reminds me of? The Clintons and the White House Travel Office. Drag the FBI in to drum up some bogus charges that eventually fall away but make sure you ruin the innocent by reputation and financially as well.

If the two guys actually did take the funds, have at them. But you know, you could have done all this with just good old regular laws and have not trashed these people like this. But that was the point. It was a witch hunt, from beginning to end. It was payback for Walker beating the Unions in Wisconsin. He beat them not once but three times already and they are livid about it and dont mind crapping all over justice and fairness to make the point.

One last shot: this is why you will never see any emails from Benghazi or from the Clinton Fund. They know how this thing is played and wiping the email server was their way of making sure they dont get caught pulling the same garbage that Walker got smeared with here.

BTW< i didnt read anything in this witch hunt about racist emails. Just another 24/7/365 paranoid Democrat Party smear?

I think you are taking an "all or nothing" perspective. We should neither excuse the "political witch hunt" nor the stolen funds.

"One last shot: this is why you will never see any emails from Benghazi or from the Clinton Fund. They know how this thing is played and wiping the email server was their way of making sure they dont get caught pulling the same garbage that Walker got smeared with here."

This is interesting to me. Are you suggesting that Benghazi, private email server, and the Clinton Foundation are also "political witch hunts"?

Archived