Baseball @ South Carolina - Game 2

Oh, I went to the Ole Miss game after the A-Day game and for the first time I noticed there was a pitch clock. How long has that been a rule in college baseball?

Grey steals 3rd with no throw as the catcher drops the ball on the transition.

Robert hits it hard on the ground right to the second baseman for out 3. On to the B9.

Oh, I went to the Ole Miss game after the A-Day game and for the first time I noticed there was a pitch clock. How long has that been a rule in college baseball?

SEC first used it in the 2010 tournament. Adopted it for regular season conference play in '11.

Those last three innings are the blueprint for how Sunny wants to play. That was just about flawless in every phase.

That is one tough bunch of Tigers. Just a great win.

31-17 overall, 11-12 in conference.

Just got back from Columbia....great game by the Tigers....thought Sunny was going to get tossed again about the 5th inning...several questionable ball and strike calls .but things settled down afterward and AU pitching kept control of the game. Great finish by Yarbrough......got a full bullpen for tomorrow if needed.

Nice little group of AU fans.....sunny day....ideal baseball weather.

Where do we sit as far as SEC tourney or NCAA?

If we finish strong, probably a two seed in a non-national seed regional. If we finish real strong, maybe sneak in a regional host depending on region dynamics, or a two seed at a weak host site. If we finish around 13-17 limping into the tournament, probably a 3 seed.

Archived