SEC Tournament -Day 2 vs LSU

I don't blame games on umpires at all, but you've got to call that both ways and that was so far inside, Gillikin could've flinched and it would have hit him. Who knows what would happen on a 3-2 pitch then? Really poor call and I wish there was something you could do about poor ball and strike calls, because some of them get ridiculous in ridiculously important moments.

Yeah, and LSU got the benefit of doubt on quite a few just below the knees in the last few innings as well. Ball and strike calls are part of the game. They normally balance out.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame games on umpires at all, but you've got to call that both ways and that was so far inside, Gillikin could've flinched and it would have hit him. Who knows what would happen on a 3-2 pitch then? Really poor call and I wish there was something you could do about poor ball and strike calls, because some of them get ridiculous in ridiculously important moments.

Yeah, and LSU got the benefit of doubt on quite a few just below the knees in the last few innings as well. Ball and strike calls are part of the game. They normally balance out.

SEC baseball has reached the point where the league needs to take a serious look at the quality of the umpiring. Since every play is a judgment call, the league should be (and maybe they are) grading the umps and getting rid of the guys who don't measure up. Seems to me that I see the same guys making the same bad calls year after year.

Expect SEC TV would be afraid to put up the little box that the MLB uses on their televised games showing where the ball is relative to the strike zone. I have to say that the umps do a really good job knowing where the zone is, especially inside and outside. I'm afraid the umps and the league might be embarrassed by what the "strike box" would show.

Generally one call is not the actual difference in the outcome of a game...but we've seen some really crazy stuff in what is the showcase for SEC baseball and should reflect the best....players and officiating.

Sigh .... Not going to let that be the last word here. Wish we'd managed to hang on to the lead. Let's keep playing as long as we can, and playing as hard as we can!

War Eagle!

They guys on the SEC Network didn't blow it at 5-0 or 8-3. The team and coaching staff did.

Yeah, LSU had nothing to do with that.

I guess you saw the Missouri v. Vandy game prior to our game? Missouri coaches and players gave that one away too, huh? UM up by one with two outs and and two strikes in the bottom of the ninth and their center fielder drop kicks a ball off his shin bone into left field to give up the tying run. And then in the tenth the UM pitcher serves one up for a 402' home run that the center fielder had in his glove and dropped it on the other side of the outfield fence.

If anyone "blew" anything it's a kid who has busted his ass on every play since he's been here. A kid who has played just about everywhere on defense and was playing way out of his comfort zone last night as well. A kid who is a fighter and has done everything asked of him for two years but simply lost a ball which led to the last two runs. I'd take nine of him on the field every night for the rest of my life, but you wouldn't know because you just don't have a clue.

I used to feel sorry for you, with the "goofy" stuff you post. Not so much any more. Do you have the mental capacity work? You need to get a job or something,...

Awful play and even worse coaching.

a4e you just show up during a baseball thread when things start going south. Seldom if ever when they are doing good. The act is really old after 6 years. I doubt you could name more then 3 starters on the team without looking it up in your computer.

Awful play and even worse coaching.

a4e you just show up during a baseball thread when things start going south. Seldom if ever when they are doing good. The act is really old after 6 years. I doubt you could name more then 3 starters on the team without looking it up in your computer.

It's the only time he ever shows up. It's after we're trailing or already lost that little mr. negative shows up and spews his ridiculous negative crap on every thread he posts in. He's nothing but a troll.

Archived