Auburn vs College of Charleston-Tallahassee Regional

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice sac bunt moves runner to second. 1 down.

Man left stranded at 3rd to end the threat after a fly ball out. Headed to the bottom half...gotta hold them off the board here.

Grier and Haecker with some brutal swings and misses. 0-10 from the 2-3 hitters.

We could potentially run out of pitching in the first game of the regional.

Or not...Izaac Yarbrough stepping up and mowing 'em down in the bottom of the 10th. Maybe that's the energy bump we need to get the offense jump started.

Brutal. Great relief effort spoiled on one pitch. I'm no pessimist, but with the amount of pitching we just used, coming out of the loser's bracket is going to be just next door to impossible.

Hope we can win at least one ballgame in this regional.....

I don't see Mercer beating FSU tonight. Depending on how their pitching works out tonight, we may have a rough Loser's Bracket game tomorrow.

Giving up FOUR HRs may have had something to do with losing today. If we can't beat CoC, no sense in hoping for the real tourney. I have a feeling it would go very similar to the SEC tourney minus the KY game. We need better talent all around. This team has overachieved and that is fantastic. Maybe we pull a miracle and get hot at the right time and surprise some folks, but I have serious doubts. Respect these guys for this year either way. Let's go beat Mercer (or unlikely FSU) and hope for the best.

COC had a lot of power. I don't think their shorter field had much to do with their offensive statistics. I thought we were going to get out of that inning because 1 and 2 went down pretty easy but I guess it just wasn't our day though. Other than an error and pick off, I thought we played fundamentally well enough to win the game. Knowing their power and the way we rely on manufacturing runs, I started getting nervous about that one pitch starting in the ninth inning. It really sucked that was the way the game ended.

Archived