Auburn vs College of Charleston-Tallahassee Regional

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving up FOUR HRs may have had something to do with losing today. If we can't beat CoC, no sense in hoping for the real tourney. I have a feeling it would go very similar to the SEC tourney minus the KY game. We need better talent all around. This team has overachieved and that is fantastic. Maybe we pull a miracle and get hot at the right time and surprise some folks, but I have serious doubts. Respect these guys for this year either way. Let's go beat Mercer (or unlikely FSU) and hope for the best.

CofC is not a bad team. They are a #2 seed (to our #3 seed). You can't let them or any team get four home runs. Our first four batters were 3 for 20 today, that's a .150 average. That is not going to win many games. We only had 8 hits in 11 innings and still scored 6 runs. Kind of like the Softball team, we can't get the hits when needed. We also have a hard time getting off the field with two outs. All that said, this team has overachieved and set a precedent for future teams. We are a couple of pitchers short and a couple of hitters short. Hopefully Coach has them coming in. Anyway... WAR BASEBALL EAGLE FOREVER!!!

Boy what's the deal with Grier, he's been in a slump for over half the season now. You would hate to sit a guy with that much talent but he's just not getting the job done at the plate.

Just got home from the game. Hot but not the crazy humidity we usually have late May. Ya'll watched it on TV probably so I won't rehash the game, I personally thought it was a good effort against a good opponent. Plenty of odd plays. About as many C of C fans (a mildly rude bunch IMO) as Auburn fans (lots of white hair in orange shirts), but we were spread out and reserved whereas they were in one section and loud. At one point Roberts (1st base) gave a long gaze seemingly to see who was making all the noise. We can do better as fans. Of course every yahoo Nole trash was cheering for C of C. Proud of our guys and coaches.

So much for "they play on a small field". :)/> Those guys brought their big boy bats today.

The walk off was absolutely crushed lol

We play Mercer tomorrow at 11. Florida State beat them in extra innings by a walk off RBI single so it should be a good elimination game for both teams.

So much for "they play on a small field". :) Those guys brought their big boy bats today.

The ball that Jackson Burgreen caught would have been in the parking lot at Patriot's Point.

However, the four that did go out would have landed in the inter-coastal canal,

Archived