WCWS vs. UCLA - elimination game

crap...ground ball to 3rd and draper breaks home and she is in a run down...and tagged out going back to 3rd...Abbott tries to take 2nd and is out there. double play. We are going extra innings to decide this one. Game tied at 10... Not good base running there.. shoot.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how a game can turn on a dine like that. AU with all the momentum and all the opportunity and 2 base running stupidities on the same play cost them a shot at the semis. Now UCLA comes to bat feeling very, very good.

How did she even get into that position?

If you're gonna go, go. She was already halfway home, might as well have made them try to force an error.

Yep. She shouldn't have broke home at all on a ground ball to third. That was her first mistake. Stopping was her second.

Fielder's choice. I'll take it. Got the lead runner.

How did she even get into that position?

If you're gonna go, go. She was already halfway home, might as well have made them try to force an error.

Yep. She shouldn't have broke home at all on a ground ball to third. That was her first mistake. Stopping was her second.

I was always told--in baseball--to go about a 3rd of the way or less down the line and see how they play the ball. If they had run the bases better, they might've had two on base, or at least salvaged 3rd.

Fundamental error.

chopper to 1st...throw to second relay back to first..not in time. 1 out. runner on 1st.

I don't know if he sent her or she broke on her own

no way she got sent...was almost standing on the bag when the ball got there.....but it is done now....so we need to get out of this.

slow roller on the left side...nobody got it... runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. crap... come on Auburn.

Archived