CTT & LSWho- good article

Aubie7

Gorilla, you sound like a bama fan - or what they used to sound like. The last few years have finally cured most of them of the delusion that they're entitled to win 10 games a year because they're bama.

Since the modern renewal of the series in 1969, :lsu: leads the series 11-10. Since Pat Dye's arrival at :au: , we lead 10-6. :lsu: is a strong football program with some great history and tradition, but your assertions are laughable.

Good luck in your bowl game against Iowa.

I forget that the drinking age was recently pushed up to 21, it was 18.

More ages able to drink.

Wow, Rough roads bringing the program back and well literally rough roads

lol

All I was aying is that CTT makes a definite point to go after kids with solid moral backgrounds and good character. That is why for the last two years we have had more than a few sure fire 1st or 2nd round draft picks stay for their senior years. Bowden recruited quite a few criminals who smeared egg on the AU repeatedly over a several year period. Words can't express what a breath of fresh air tubs players have been (Not knocking all of bowdens guys, there were some great ones).

Tubs will go after a 3 star guy with solid personal credentials faster than a 5 star with question marks.

134764[/snapback]

Yea, like Willie Williams... solid stand up guy... :blink:

We're talking about one of the few states in the country with a pop. over a couple million with only one major university (which is saying something right there). Therefore, recruiting (not having to compete for in state prospects kinda simplifies things), fans (no comment), funding (anyone familiar with Louisiana politics understands "funding") all pretty much shouldn't be a problem. Hell even Miss. has two schools.

I would honesty call LSU one of biggest underachievers and busts in all of the NCAA. The lack of a true rival kinda underscores no one really cares. Based one that, I'll stop typing. :)

Saban even mentioned how quick the LSU Fan base was to call for your head.

LSU is a great rival and great game. But I will never take my wife nor children to Tiger Stadium. The total classlessness of your fans, to any SEC Rival, is almost silly. Not intimidating in the least, just really silly.

I have been pissed on in Tiger Stadium, funny but I remember beating you even more tho. Smoking cigars is bad? Heck :ut::ua: do it all the time in their game, so what?

Please, with all the crap going on now between these two schools, do not come over here and tell us how great LSU is because they finally got back to back winning seasons or managed to keep a coach for more than 3-4 years.

We are not buying it.

Oh, and you do ahve a bigger stadium, and so does Stanford, so what?

We are a Small Town, Mom, and Apple Pie School. We like it that way. We have the second largest ROTC units in the Nation, only aTm is bigger. We are very American and happy to serve our country. We are hard working and love it that way.

I enjoy BR, but I love Auburn even more.

The ONLY reason why your stadium is bigger is because of one thing. LSU is the only school in Louisiana. If Alabama only had one major university then we could easily have over 100,000 people at games. JOrdan-Hare is one the most beautiful stadiums in the SEC. TIger Stadium is an eye sore. Auburn has one of the most loyal fan bases in the SEC. YOu really showed your ignornace on that one. Auburn sells out for every visiting game. We travel with our team. Just be honest, LSU so desparately wants a rival in the SEC. You picked Auburn to be it. Sorry that we didn't pick you to be ours. Don't get me wrong, we HATE everything that is LSU. It's just that Bama and UGA are bigger rivals. And to be brutally honest, you wanna talk about Coaches here. What kind of fan base Boos their Coach the year after winning a National Championship. LSU does. Tuberville is 6-2 lifetime against LSU during his coaching tenure. Ya'll hate him because he OWNS you and you use the cigar stuff to divert attention away from that. If what is said on an AUBURN board hurts your wittle feelins then go away. I can assure you that this Auburn fan has better things to do with my life than ever waste my valuable time on an LSU board. Because frankly i don't give a coon's a** what ya'll do, who you hire, or what you say.

LSU is a great rival and great game. But I will never take my wife nor children to Tiger Stadium. The total classlessness of your fans, to any SEC Rival, is almost silly. Not intimidating in the least, just really silly.

I have been pissed on in Tiger Stadium, funny but I remember beating you even more tho. Smoking cigars is bad? Heck :ut::ua: do it all the time in their game, so what?

134850[/snapback]

The only thing silly is the content of your post. Fact is, AU fans will buy up their allotment of tickets for next years away game against LSU. (as they always do.) Those AU fans will include husbands, wives and their kids. And you know what? They will come back two years later not only because they love AU football but because they know the atmosphere of an AU/LSU football game in Tiger stadium is second to none. Many of those AU fans will be invited by friendly LSU tailgaters and be offered good food and drinks. It's a shame you shelter your kids from such a positive event. All those other AU families I see don't. You must think they are foolish?

LSU is the only decent school for football in LA. But why the "STATE", Why not just LU :lsu:

Although we did play LA Monroe, and La. Tech, LA. Lafayette, those are some good cupcakes for homecoming :big:

I used to think LSU'S rival was with Tulane :lol:

All I was aying is that CTT makes a definite point to go after kids with solid moral backgrounds and good character. That is why for the last two years we have had more than a few sure fire 1st or 2nd round draft picks stay for their senior years. Bowden recruited quite a few criminals who smeared egg on the AU repeatedly over a several year period. Words can't express what a breath of fresh air tubs players have been (Not knocking all of bowdens guys, there were some great ones).

Tubs will go after a 3 star guy with solid personal credentials faster than a 5 star with question marks.

134764[/snapback]

Yea, like Willie Williams... solid stand up guy... :blink:

134810[/snapback]

Here goes another wasted breath.

Williams background didn't become public until after he got into more trouble at his florida visit. We invited him for a visit, so what? Coker is a good coach and he gave him a second chance because the veteran players said they would help keep him in line. The kid started getting into trouble after his dad died when he was 13. After learning this stuff I couldn't really blame miami for giving him one more shot.

Do you realize how silly you look when you jump at any tiny keyhole of a chance to take a jab at tubs? Especially for recruiting!!!!! Geeze man, the guy owes his entire college career and success this season to his ability to recruit star players who are great on and off the field. So we invite a kid here who had a hidden juvenile record, why take a cheap shot for that? We know, it's just your style :lol: .

tiger88, I am in total agreement with you about the importance of character in recruiting. Virtually all championship teams seem to have good team chemistry and unity, and that almost always requires leadership and good character among the players. Auburn clearly had that this season, and as I said in my last post, I haven't observed anything from Auburn that indicates a lack of character in some time.

134802[/snapback]

You guys are really lucky with location afa recruiting goes and saban has turned the lsu job into a real cherry by exploiting that.

Sorry about the bad blood on this thread. Anytime an lsu fan comes here and starts jabbing us hard like you did, even if you are defending lsu, several people are gonna dogpile on you. Like I mentioned earlier we have had many rabid coonbutts come here and start out like you did and get worse in a hurry. We have learned to nip it in the bud or it can get worse.

Yeah, why not jump on Bobby Bowden or Phillip Fulmer for letting players, who were arrested play in the next game and not disciplining them any little bitt

How about Mike Shula for allowing Ray Hudson to play after his pot arrest, but yet they revoke an Alabama cheerleader's scholarship fr saying WAR EAGLE

Archived