Marcus McNeill likely staying for senior year

TitanTiger

Our rivals can say what they will about the kind of person they think CTT is, but the proof is in how those in closest day to day contact with him feel about the man. Two years ago it was Dansby and DT. Last year it was Caddy and Ronnie staying. Now Marcus McNeill says he is likely coming back for his senior year and CTT staying at Auburn is a major factor in his decision. Sounds like CTT is the kind of guy people like to be around when they aren't eaten up with pettiness and jealousy.

McNeill, an All-Southeastern Conference first-team offensive tackle, said Tuberville's decision to remain on the Plains gives him reason to return. The 6-foot-8, 332-pound junior said he is leaning towards playing his senior season at Auburn.

Tuberville's presence bolsters McNeill's case to exhaust his collegiate eligibility.

"That definitely satisfied me," McNeill said. "That's a big plus to have Coach (Tuberville) coming back. If he'd left, there would have been lot of rehabilitating the whole program and I really wouldn't have wanted to stay my senior season. That would have influenced me."

http://www.postherald.com/ti123104.shtml

Stability matters people. Look at the Steelers and Bill Cowher. Patient owners allowed him to go through rebuilding years and they've been rewarded over time with a team that always comes back around to championship caliber football. McNeill may decide to leave anyway if the NFL scouts come back and think he's going to be a high draft choice. Can't turn down that kind of money. But the fact is, CTT staying is a good thing.

Archived