the biggest problem w/ having an undefeated season

CarolinaTiger

mine is this:

the biggest problem with having an undefeated season is figuring out which superstition i've been employing for the games is the one actually working. :big:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

ct

and Lets don't start down the "Down" Road tonight....Beat VT....goooooo TIGERS

War Eagle!!!!!

Well, I for one will be the first on the blame CT bandwagon..... ;)

Heck, I thought it was me.... Now I know it was CT.... :au:

Roger that on superstitions. I didn't order season tickets this year for the first time in many, many years because I knew we would be travelling extensively (had to look up the LSU score in an internet cafe in Johannesburg, South Africa). Hate to think that might be a good superstition.

Only other "Problem" I can think of is that there's only one likely place to go from undefeated. Not that I'm not harboring hopes of another table run (assuming we win tonight--not a cakewalk.)

Guest Tigrinum Major

Listening to some (note the "some", BG and TF and all you wanna be Auburn fans out there) Bama fans talk about how "they" (as if "they" had the pads and helmets on) kept Auburn out of the Orange Bowl.

Being 12-0 (hopefully, fingers-crossed, 13-0 in a few more hours) and still getting no respect from certain corners of Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Louisiana, Oklahoma, California, etc. :angry:

Biggest problem with having an undefeated season? Unfortunately, there were two other teams ranked above us with one as well. Don't care! Go :au: Beat those Hokies (whatever they are). It' Great to be an Auburn Tiger!

mine is this:

the biggest problem with having an undefeated season is figuring out which superstition i've been employing for the games is the one actually working.  :big:

:cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

ct

135449[/snapback]

Your's is clearly picking the opponent to win, and NOT watching the game!

It's funny, but I am the exact opposite. I purposely refuse to do or wear anything just because we won or lost the last time I did/wore something. If I determine that I'm tempted to act according to any superstitious thought or ritual, I will usually go ahead and do something else just to "prove" that the superstition/ritual has nothing to do with it.

But then again, maybe that's my ritual...not sticking to any pattern at all. :blink:

mine is this:

the biggest problem with having an undefeated season is figuring out which superstition i've been employing for the games is the one actually working.  :big:

:cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

ct

135449[/snapback]

Your's is clearly picking the opponent to win, and NOT watching the game!

135536[/snapback]

this sad truth hurts to the core of my being.

i'm destined never to watch another auburn game or win the jenny-football-challenge here on WEN.

it's a thankless job, but someone has to look out for what's best for the auburn nation. i'll gladly bear that burden for the rest of us.

ct

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well, CT, your old high school goes 15-0 and wins the 3A state championship. Your college team goes 13-0 (and on a 15 game winning streak) and wins the national championship of the aunation.

What will you do for an encore?

Well, CT, your old high school goes 15-0 and wins the 3A state championship.  Your college team goes 13-0 (and on a 15 game winning streak) and wins the national championship of the aunation.

135967[/snapback]

well, KB, i gotta tell you, the stars rarely align themselves such that things like this happen. i'm trying to make sure i never change my underwear again....

wait. was that too much information? :blink:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Well, CT, your old high school goes 15-0 and wins the 3A state championship.  Your college team goes 13-0 (and on a 15 game winning streak) and wins the national championship of the aunation.

135967[/snapback]

well, KB, i gotta tell you, the stars rarely align themselves such that things like this happen. i'm trying to make sure i never change my underwear again....

wait. was that too much information? :blink:

135975[/snapback]

Just wait until I tell everyone in your old hometown. I am sure they will find it amusing...

Archived