Malzahn's Weekly Presser - Mississippi State

RunInRed

Let Sean make the easy throws and build confidence. Peyton, Kerryon, Roc, and Jovon....those are the game winners this year. You keep running those boys in rotation and our line is just going to improve. By the time Uga roles around, we might be in 2013 rushing status.

Let's hope we are winning those games as well :)

Let Sean make the easy throws and build confidence. Peyton, Kerryon, Roc, and Jovon....those are the game winners...

I see this game going like this- think USCe 2012. Possession, ball running, good defense. Get the W

Here's my problem with Gus, he appears to be turning into Chizik from the aspect of living off of one year. If you notice, he's always going back to 2013 for confirmation of what he's doing. But this is NOT 2013. This is 2015 and this team is completely different. We have to stop living off one year and figure out how to build a championship team EVERY year.

It's not a bad mind set to point to success of past teams. I think we all look to past success to attempt a repeat. JMHO

Here's my problem with Gus, he appears to be turning into Chizik from the aspect of living off of one year. If you notice, he's always going back to 2013 for confirmation of what he's doing. But this is NOT 2013. This is 2015 and this team is completely different. We have to stop living off one year and figure out how to build a championship team EVERY year.

I suppose you want him to pull from one of the many other years he's been a head coach :/

I thought Gus' mentioning of that 2013 team just after the LSU game was just a soundbite to calm the faithful - or maybe he was just in shock. Has he referenced it more than once? I'd bet comparing StatTiger's after game report cards for the 2013 LSU game and the game last week would underscore the differences between the two AU teams.

I thought Gus' mentioning of that 2013 team just after the LSU game was just a soundbite to calm the faithful - or maybe he was just in shock. Has he referenced it more than once? I'd bet comparing StatTiger's after game report cards for the 2013 LSU game and the game last week would underscore the differences between the two AU teams.

I think he's pointing to that to show everyone (team, fans, etc.) "Look, we've been here before. We've lost in Baton Rouge, we've turned things around from what we've learned about our team there. This is like that." Finebaum claims that Gus "hit the panic button" when he moved to Sean White. I don't think he's not concerned about JJ, but I think he's still confident this team will go places. We have no reason to doubt SW right now. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Archived