Auburn vs. uat set at 2:30

ScubaSteve

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the defense continues to play the way it has, it will put pressure on Coker to be perfect. With that said, Henry will be gone if he hits the open field. The only way we will have a slight chance in this game is if SW is 100% healthy. Passing is the only way to beat them. Their dline is too strong to run the ball consistently. The deep ball is their weakness.

One

Only way to win is to swap field goals. Let Daniel Carlson handle all kicking duties for this one game and battle for field position.

(3-9 AU)

I believe the best chance to win is to sell out on stopping Henry and making Coker beat you. If Henry is allowed to get into space he will be gone. On offense if SW can play I think that's how you have to go. If it's JJ then live and die with the pass downfield. If he throws interceptions then he does but that's the best chance we have. If we go true tempo and can throw then the run will open up and the Tide will get tired just as they have in iron bowls past. Gus has historically done very well against Bama. I will keep the faith that he pulls out all stops and it will be a competitive game. I think Muschamp will have a plan, if Gus keeps up we can make them sweat and maybe cry a little. I was shocked with the game plan last year, maybe this year will surprise too.

If JJ starts how long do you think it will take Obama's defense to bottle up the 3 plays he can run? Unless SW is back and healthy out our offense will look a lot like it did against LSU, only worse, much, much worse.

For AU to win, these things have to happen:

1. Auburn's defense has to shut bama's running game down. If Henry starts getting yards in chunks, game over.

2. Auburn's defense has to have the "sack" game of the season. If Coker throws three to four INTs, a few for pick sixes, we have a chance.

3. Auburn's offense can't turn the ball over. At all.

4. Auburn's offense won't win this game, Auburn's defense will if we win at all.

5. No special team blunders. At all.

Auburn will have to hope that there is a little '89 IB magic still hanging around and hope that bama plays the worst game of the year and that they lay a huge egg.

I'll be there.....win or lose, good or bad....time of day or weather be damned. Gluten for punishment maybe but I love AU and I'm not giving the turds a shot at another seat.....I'm sure plenty of Auburn fans will sell theirs to anyone.......

Assign Cass to play man to man on Henry the entire game. Have Rudy Ford as a 2nd man coverage on Henry. Have Mr. Lawson to be all over Coker all of the game. This leaves us 8 defenders to take care of the rest offense. This might work if done correctly all game.

I say lets start Jason Smith the next 2 games and see what happens. Who knows, this might be the missing ingredient to making the offense start working.

Bama isnt unbeatable. Our run game is not ace or I formation like Lsu, arky, uga, etc...We'll get a chance to make some plays in teh running game due to the misdirection. having said that though, taht defensive line is the best i've ever seen in college football. I still say their secondary is supsect which is IMO why they lose to Ole Miss. Just test them deep, hell we have nothing to lose.

They lost to ole miss because they had 5 turnovers. All which led to ole miss points. There secondary is far from suspect and testing them deep would be a quick way to be down by a few TDs. Yes, lets test the secondary who leads the SEC in interceptions, passes defended and broken up this year. Makes perfect sense.

For AU to win, these things have to happen:

1. Auburn's defense has to shut bama's running game down. If Henry starts getting yards in chunks, game over.

2. Auburn's defense has to have the "sack" game of the season. If Coker throws three to four INTs, a few for pick sixes, we have a chance.

3. Auburn's offense can't turn the ball over. At all.

4. Auburn's offense won't win this game, Auburn's defense will if we win at all.

5. No special team blunders. At all.

Auburn will have to hope that there is a little '89 IB magic still hanging around and hope that bama plays the worst game of the year and that they lay a huge egg.

I know what you mean by sack game but I rather have dand near sacks, because coker will chunk it up for grabs when under pressure.

Now, if we rip one or two loose and run them on in, that'll work too.

^ is the TV broadcast generally ahead or behind the radio broadcast on the app?

Seems like if the audio is ahead it would be tough to sync it.

I think the Auburn game day app is sent in the delay mode and would sync. Radio open air broadcast lets you prepare for the play is the only advantage. Radio tivo style.

As bad as things look right now for our Auburn Tigers I am still unable to sit here and say that uat will just totally destroy us; it is a rival game and we do have talent on our roster; I think the defense does enough in this game for us to pull the upset. We might not be able to gash them up the middle on run plays but you can get yards on the outside with speed sweeps and screen passes against them; the key is making them keep the same group on the field; we must use tempo and not many substitutions at all.. 17-14 Auburn.

WAR EAGLE!!

It depends how the kids react to the massive coaching fail last week. If they keep fighting and buying in there's a chance. If they fold like in 2012 it will be an embarrassing one. I think this team is mentally tougher and just way overall better than 2012, though.

Yeah it might be close for the first quarter. But Auburn will struggle to move the ball on offense leading to the defense wearing out. sabn will be able to name the score by the end of the game.

First things first, we better concentrate on Idaho because if we lose to Idaho it won't take long for this game to be over.

Good thing us fans have the privilege to discuss any game we want to.

Come on Shocks, someone has to be that guy, lol.

J/k mhf

Bama isnt unbeatable. Our run game is not ace or I formation like Lsu, arky, uga, etc...We'll get a chance to make some plays in teh running game due to the misdirection. having said that though, taht defensive line is the best i've ever seen in college football. I still say their secondary is supsect which is IMO why they lose to Ole Miss. Just test them deep, hell we have nothing to lose.

They lost to ole miss because they had 5 turnovers. All which led to ole miss points. There secondary is far from suspect and testing them deep would be a quick way to be down by a few TDs. Yes, lets test the secondary who leads the SEC in interceptions, passes defended and broken up this year. Makes perfect sense.

the turnovers were a part of it. But it was those 350 yards Ole Miss threw for which prevented them from getting back into the game. you beat Bama by passing the football.

First things first, we better concentrate on Idaho because if we lose to Idaho it won't take long for this game to be over.

Another post about let's concentrate on whatever we have next. I will never understand this mentality for a group of FANS. We aren't out there preparing to play the game people. We are free to discuss which ever game we want to discuss whenever we want to discuss it. #hateuat

the turnovers were a part of it. But it was those 350 yards Ole Miss threw for which prevented them from getting back into the game. you beat Bama by passing the football.

HUH? Did you actually watch this game or even just see the box score afterwards. Even with the 5 turnovers, uat had the ball at the end only down 6 with a chance to win the game. Exactly how did ole miss throwing prevent uat from getting back in the game? That isn't even close to reality.

You are so wrong on this. Did you even watch that game at all?

Archived