Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Man, someone had a party last night!

Grill half a cow of prime beef and drink a sixer of super fresh Stone IPA and crazy things happen. :cool:

OK. OK. And a handle of Jim Beam.

My brother..... :cool:

We had a Knob Creek, Woodford and a few Jack drinkers swirl in the house last night. We did well, though. In bed by 11pm.

Farm living is the life for me.

She is one of my favorites for sure. That U2 Mary J was awesome BTW.

My favorite female vocals usually happen with an R&B singer or blues singer. MJB, has the chops, Big voice.

They did One on the Grammy's with MJB, it was nominated for a Grammy for Live Performance and it won the next year, There was a reason for that. It was hot as hell. She killed it.

What a long strange acid trip you people are on.....umhum.

That was surprisingly good. Took a little bit for that singing style to settle in on me. They're bringing it old school. Quite refreshing to hear new music with real emotion.

They have made a surprising amount of noise. They've gotten a lot of national attention. Posted earlier in this thread, people expect them to break, much like Alabama Shakes. From Birmingham.

Glad you enjoyed it. Look at the tour schedule on their band site. Very nice EU tour dates. That isn't a free proposition, you've got equipment, support staff, likely some management will go for something like that, at least one, those boys are doing OK. I'd be interested in seeing f they have or are using sponsorships. To get everything and everyone there is a low 5 digit, proposition. Easy. Not so bad on a solo artist. They have a few folks. Glastonbury is a very prestigious gig. Check out its history. Some of the biggest bands in the world have played there. Gets worldwide press coverage.

Pretty damn funny....Vandy student says he wants to play his favorite Billy Joel song. Billy Joel says, "meh, OK".....

Kid is great on the piano. Pretty good stuff. Not new, vids been around a few years.

Glad to see Mary J. Blige in here. Total package, she is.

Speaking of female R&B/bluesy voices, I can't think of a backing vocal performance I appreciate more than the one here. Merry Clayton is her name.

Here is the isolated vocal right around the 3:00 mark. Makes me jump out of my seat a little every. single. time.

And, holy crap, I never knew the story behind her part of the recording until now. Was not prepared for the really sad ending.

http://www.openculture.com/2013/06/mick_jagger_tells_the_story_behind_gimme_shelter.html