Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Children of Children at that Boston show was awesome. Playing that slide at the end....

Not only one of my favorite Isbell songs, one of my favorite songs, period, end of story. Repost, did this before.

This is the lyric vid, same song.....Loof said something to me about the economy of language in some lyrics.....Here is a master class.

The man is a killer.

That's powerful stuff. And I'm a big fan of reposts as long as they're good. So sayeth the arbiter of all things cool and decent.

Funny that you posted the tiny desk concert for Courtney Barnett. I was going to, as her voice in that first song in particular is what I heard a couple years ago that made me think of Lucinda.

That's powerful stuff. And I'm a big fan of reposts as long as they're good. So sayeth the arbiter of all things cool and decent.

Funny that you posted the tiny desk concert for Courtney Barnett. I was going to, as her voice in that first song in particular is what I heard a couple years ago that made me think of Lucinda.

Man if I wrote Children of Children, I'd put my pencil down, pull my chair close to the pool, get a beer and shut it the hell down.

END OF WORK DAY................The man is a stone cold killer.

21 mins of solo Cooley

He opens with one of my favorite lyrics of his.

Looks like some good stuff linked to further down, too.

I'll take this, umhum.....

I'll say this and then shut up...

The years I took from her/Just by being born....or.............17's not old enough to reason with the pain........................or....... Not old enough to know the difference between the sacred and profane....

SCHIT...............people pay big money to therapist, they won't say that to. Fricking masterpiece.....Impressive.

Strong melody, too. And he does something very cool and different with the guitar riff in the breaks between verses. Dude's on another planet.

Rev/choir......

When I first heard that song, I didn't know it had any music..

Kidding of course, but hell, musically, it is as good as it is lyrically....Roughly 2:30 of instrumental at the end and you never leave the same space. Damn fine job.

Warning: hip hop, NSFW language

Meant to say earlier that I like everything I hear from Kendrick. He's come a long way quickly. His Austin City Limits performance is crazy good.

The years I took from her/Just by being born....or.............17's not old enough to reason with the pain........................or....... Not old enough to know the difference between the sacred and profane....

SCHIT...............people pay big money to therapist, they won't say that to. Fricking masterpiece.....Impressive.

its brilliant, hits home a little for me as well.

The other day we talked about technically perfect singers. They enunciate. lol CLEARLY...even if in German or French.

More soulful singers, tend to slur on a few words and intone an emotion, evoke accents or time.

Think What A Beautiful Morning, from Oklahoma vs. Car Wheels on a Gravel Road....

i watched this and your comparison of singing reminds me of it. Willie is not perfect but effortless. Dylan is ...... Well, I don't know if "soulful " is correct but I can't think of another adjective that is pleasant.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsR0Y-sWk-E

It does hit home on several fronts, at the same time, there are certain ways and even theories of how you construct a song, lyrically and musically. That one is literally a master class. He is no fricking joke.

Warning: hip hop, NSFW language

Meant to say earlier that I like everything I hear from Kendrick. He's come a long way quickly. His Austin City Limits performance is crazy good.

I like him a lot. All his albums are great start to finish. Hard to find a hip hop act like that nowadays that's not a single surrounded by a bunch of crap.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

No, Dylan is not someone you listen to for his stellar voice, lol........He is damn well one of the best songwriters to ever live, though. Such classic, timeless stuff....LONG after we are all dead and gone, that music will still be played everyday. Big difference between someone as great as an opera singer, who vocally trained their whole life to do that and someone who sings from emotion and a natural place. I appreciate both, but a genuine singer is who I'll listen to, almost every time.

Edited by telling tiger

Yep needs a new hat.......They are about to do the Simpson/Isbell thing and blow up like a balloon.....It got a whole lot of talk when they were recording some of it in Nash. Be interesting to see what direction they go and how they've grown.