Muschamp buys $1.85M SC home

RunInRed

The United Methodist Church has a "parsonage" system where the church owns a nice house and new pastors have a place to live immediately and don't have to go through the process of looking for a house...or selling one when they leave.

Since AU goes through coaches faster than the UMC goes through itinerant preachers it seems reasonable that the Athletic Department should own a few very nice houses on golf courses or nearby lakes and could make "housing" a part of the package for coaches. When a coach leaves, all the school would have to do is re-paint and wallpaper and the new coaching family could move right in.

I can see it now....kind of a sports oriented mill village like the old textile giants used to maintain.

you would need two houses. The overlap moving in and out would clash.

put the new coach up in a nice hotel until the ex-coach has evacuated. make sure the new coach only has 7 days to get out.

put the new coach up in a nice hotel until the ex-coach has evacuated. make sure the new coach only has 7 days to get out.

shoot. in alabama it takes 90 days to legally evict someone.

He is gonna play hell selling that when he gets fired in 3-4 years from now.

My first thought was something along those lines...

What the heck is a "Florida Room"?!

Maybe the room on the leeward side of the house facing south because Florida Sucks??? :dunno:/> :dunno:/>

Hey there, easy! Unless you're talking about UNIVERSITY of Florida, then I'd agree with you!

A Florida room, as Golf said, is a room with a lot of windows, really harking back to the days in Florida where A/C wasn't a thing if you can believe it. My Mom told me about going to school all the way up to H.S. without A/C in Tampa! Most old school Florida rooms from houses in the 40s/50s/60s had those really large crank out windows where you could get a good cross draft going.

You are obviously just a youngster....when I was at AU most of my class rooms did not have A/C....and of course, Mag Hall did not have A/C. All the class rooms had huge windows to raise. Could be wrong but the student union and the new library were the first fully A/C buildings I recall.

If you live in the Carolinas you have a Florida room....and in northern states I guess they have Carolina Rooms.....all with plenty of glass and set up for cross breezes.

What matters is CWM is on the Lake where a number of South Carolina fishing records have been set.

Just never heard of a Sun room called a Florida Room or Carolina room but that's the designer in me talking. Miss those southern terms.

In this case, it is for his Florida memories. :Sing:

The United Methodist Church has a "parsonage" system where the church owns a nice house and new pastors have a place to live immediately and don't have to go through the process of looking for a house...or selling one when they leave.

Since AU goes through coaches faster than the UMC goes through itinerant preachers it seems reasonable that the Athletic Department should own a few very nice houses on golf courses or nearby lakes and could make "housing" a part of the package for coaches. When a coach leaves, all the school would have to do is re-paint and wallpaper and the new coaching family could move right in.

I can see it now....kind of a sports oriented mill village like the old textile giants used to maintain.

Have lived in several, before becoming nondenominational to reach more people. The only concern in this case would be whomever is in charge of the parsonage committee. Although Muschamp would not have this problem, we about had to make a call to the White House to get twin beds stored in order to turn the guest room into a NURSERY. Yes. I am thinking a contract would be needed for any incoming coach regarding "parsonage protocol", LOL! :dunno::jossun:

• 1 month later...

Archived