I laugh

PChamp119

I laugh when I see some of these names of players declaring themselves for the NFL draft as underclassmen. For example - did anyone know Florida has a RB entering the draft? Maybe it was because we never played them, but is this kid any good? AT ALL?? I never even heard of him.

Stay in school, while you can - got 15+ years to play in the NFL.

It probably had something to do with Zook being fired.  He was a good.

138669[/snapback]

He even had a cool nickname C-4....cedrick faison....He made a bunch of big plays in the south carolina game...I'm sure he can land on somebodies roster at least pulling special teams duties...and if you can do that youcan be making 3 or 4 hundred grand a year....Harold marrow did that for about 10 years in the NFL...and he never played much at auburn. and that is a pretty nice job...your body doesn't get destroyed liek it does running the bal 25 times a game...I know if had a good chance to leave school my junior year to make 300 grand a year I would have tried...you should see the kind of crap jobs your average undergrad business major has to accept after tehy finsih school.

It probably had something to do with Zook being fired.  He was a good.

138669[/snapback]

He even had a cool nickname C-4....cedrick faison....He made a bunch of big plays in the south carolina game...I'm sure he can land on somebodies roster at least pulling special teams duties...and if you can do that youcan be making 3 or 4 hundred grand a year....Harold marrow did that for about 10 years in the NFL...and he never played much at auburn. and that is a pretty nice job...your body doesn't get destroyed liek it does running the bal 25 times a game...I know if had a good chance to leave school my junior year to make 300 grand a year I would have tried...you should see the kind of crap jobs your average undergrad business major has to accept after tehy finsih school.

138671[/snapback]

its actually ceatrick or something like that. not sure of the spelling but its not cedrick. he is a very good player and will probably be a good pick in the middle rounds. not sure how many teams need backs this year.

Ciatrick Fason will be a Stud back in due time......He'll start out at Special Teams, maybe fielding Punts and/or Kickoffs.....He'll get his shot at RB, due to the Increase of Injuries these past few years.....And, I'm pretty sure that the Firing of Coach Z had alot to do with his decision.....Mainly because Meyer runs 5 Wide more than half the times.....I remember a former Florida RB leaving early when they had Coaching change/Offensive change from Ground pounding to the Fun-Gun......He was told by the 'Ol Ball Coach that he might not touch the ball more than 5 to 10 times a game.....His name was Emmitt Smith, I think hes done Aight in the NFL....Breakin' Walter Payton's record and all. I'm not comparing "C-4" to Emmitt by no means.....I'm just saying, He'll be Aight...

When does UF roll into your schedule by the way. Currently LSU just replaced UGA with Tennessee, We have vandy one more time then I believe USC rolls back in...

I know UGA is your every year east opponenet (As ours is UF) why couldnt we get UK :) as our constant....

138661[/snapback]

I suspect the increases in initial contracts/signing bonuses for Karlos Dansby, D. Thomas, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Jason Campbell, and Carlos Rogers after spending another year in college ball more than make up for putting off pro money for one year...and they got college degrees, to boot!

He was pretty good, he led the SEC in rushing for awhile. He stayed a little above Carnell for the SEC lead most of the year after :ua: 's starter went down.

Ciatrick Faison was a 5 star out of hs.

went under the radar in large part due to chris leak and the offense.

Similar to Fred Taylor, he was a second threat after the wide outs.

BTW....that "cool nickname" was already taken once before.

Cedric "playing for my 6th year of eligibility in 03" Cobbs was called

C4 b/c his # was 4 and he was explosive like C4.

Not sure if that name quite fit mr faison, but if the gator nation dubbed him, let them have their joy. After all, they wont see a whole lot of star Rb at florida under the new system Fun N Gun II!!

When does UF roll into your schedule by the way. Currently LSU just replaced UGA with Tennessee, We have vandy one more time then I believe USC rolls back in...

I know UGA is your every year east opponenet (As ours is UF) why couldnt we get UK :) as our constant....

Actually, we pick up Kentucky before USC, which will be in 2006. We add USC again in 2007 and finish our series with Kentucky. Auburn next plays Florida in 2006 in Jordan-Hare. They go to Gainesville in 2007.

Here's a pretty good reference for the SEC rotating shedules:

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?well_id..._channel_id=278

I've seen some mock drafts with faison going as high as the end of the first round. It won't happen, but someone told him he had a chance to be a first rounder, and I'm sure that was enough to leave Gainesville.

:au:

Ive heard the same thing. I dont think he has produced enough to be a first rounder, but I think he may be first round caliber. Whoever gets him will get a deal, Im sure. He has good speed and decent size at 6-0, 215, though he is much stronger than that would indicate. Also, he has pretty good hands, being very effective out of the backfield.

On the C4 thing, he is number 4, also, and he is kind of explosive, IMO.

I believe I read somewhere that Fason is married and has a couple of kids...can't blame him at all for leaving early.

Faison is the real deal. Size, strength, great moves. He could easily go late first round or early second. I don't know what his stats are regarding catching passes but I saw him make some brilliant catch and runs on the games I saw. The NFL really covets a back that can catch out of the backfield. That's a huge reason I feel Ronnie will be a first rounder.

Next to Ronnie & Carnell, he was probably the best rb in the SEC. :au:

Yeah, theirs too. Only O. J. Small and Andre Caldwell had more receptions. He was 5th on the team in receiving yardage, first among non WRs.

Next to Ronnie & Carnell, he was probably the best rb in the SEC. :au:

138772[/snapback]

Agreed.

I think Faison was the best player for Florida last season. Leak and the receivers get all the press, but Faison was the most consistent player on offense. There are a lot of NFL teams that need running backs, and Faison is a top 40 pick. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals picked him at the beginning of the 2nd round.

Mobile, any early departures from LSU? Luckily, with a ton of graduations, we haven't been hit again this year with guys coming out. McNeil would have been a blow for us. You don't just replace a 6'9" 340 lb 3 year starter.

I laugh when I see some of these names of players declaring themselves for the NFL draft as underclassmen. For example - did anyone know Florida has a RB entering the draft? Maybe it was because we never played them, but is this kid any good? AT ALL?? I never even heard of him.

138661[/snapback]

Fason is VERY good. Doesn't surprise me that he's going into the draft with the coaching change at UF.... But I wish they'd all stay in school.... :)

Mobile, any early departures from LSU?  Luckily, with a ton of graduations, we haven't been hit again this year with guys coming out.  McNeil would have been a blow for us.  You don't just replace a 6'9" 340 lb 3 year starter.

138782[/snapback]

You know, there has been little to no talk of the NFL draft at all. It looks like we may not lose anyone early, well, to the draft, that is. Three names have come up of possible dapartures for other reasons.

Rudy Niswanger (JR), one of our starting gaurds, has already graduated and may pull a Mauck on us. By that I mean, there has been talk about him wanting to continue his studies in grad school or med school, and just say "what the hell, might as well" about the draft.

RSFR DE Sean Merrill is transferring due to grades issues. He never saw the field, so I dont really know what we are losing there.

RSJR OT Andrew Whitworth is really the only guy could leave early for the draft. He made freshman All-SEC and All-American in 2002, and All-SEC in 2003 and 2004. He will receive early consideration for awards in 2005 if he stays. So far, though, he hasnt said anything at all about leaving.

On offense we stand to only lose Ben Wilkerson at center and Marcus Randall at QB. On Defense, we will lose Marcus Spears at DE, Lionel Turner at LB, and both Corey Webster and Travis Daniels at CB. All those guys are seniors, and thats just about all the seniors we have on the team. I believe Marcus Spears will be our biggest loss. There were a lot of guys that got playing time at LB and CB last year.

c4 led the conference in rushing. he's a big guy, he's a fast guy, he can catch the ball, there was a very good chance his carries were going to drop with that chuck and duck offense that urban meyer runs. he's cashing in while his stock is high.

there are a TON of guys that just have no business in the draft though. stay at running back. what the hell is vernand morency doing? with fason and t.a. mcclendon coming out, morency is going to be lucky to go in the top ten for running backs. benson, caddilac, ronnie b, fason, mcclendon, jj arrington, and anthony davis i would think are all above him. then you've got guys like darren sproles, brandon jacobs, maurice clarett, eric shelton, cedric houston, and frank gore could get above him. seriously, if you were a borderline guy like that, why this season? dumb move.

or roscoe parrish from miami? that's a bad move. you're not half the player santana moss or andre johnson were, and both those guys stayed the whole time. there's just a lot of guys who probably hurt themselves by coming out now. too bad too.

Archived