Does anyone else feel kinda bad for Jeremy?

Skyler97

It's obvious he's not gonna be able to turn it on. Why do we keep trotting him out there; he's starting to get booed. I just don't think it's right to keep putting him in situations where he's gonna not do well; he's a studet and has to deal with all the other students on Mondays. I could tell by the QB draw that he ether doesn't want to play or is scared. Either way it'snot right to put him out there knowing he's gonna mess up. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I would love nothing more than to see him be successful both now and in a pro career.  

I mean yea me too. I like JJ and bet he's a nice guy. He's just not gonna turn it on 

I am probably JJ's biggest fan. I think it would have been a better season had we left him in and not freaked out and pulled him. However, if he can't get it together he doesn't need to play.

I will say that WHENEVER our fans boo anyone from our team that they need their tickets revoked and to be booted from the stadium. It's embarrassing and looks horrible in front of recruits. Nothing infuriates me more than grown people booing student athletes. 

I was hoping JJ would get it together, but after last night's debacle...we need to stick with one and truck on. 

1 minute ago, WEagle24 said:

I feel bad for all the QBs. Granted it was a really small sample size since he only threw it 6 times, but aside from the interception his completions were nice throws.

That's the crazy thing.He looks great until his first screw up then it's all down hill.

I feel bad for him because he doesn't handle pressure well and will never be given the chance to get over it. I feel sorry SW because he is lead to believe he will get a chance to run an offense and then has to watch most of the game from the sideline after making very few mistakes. I feel sorry for JF3 because he was led to believe he could be real QB simply because he is fast. All 3 have been mis-handled. 

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I am probably JJ's biggest fan. I think it would have been a better season had we left him in and not freaked out and pulled him. However, if he can't get it together he doesn't need to play.

I will say that WHENEVER our fans boo anyone from our team that they need their tickets revoked and to be booted from the stadium. It's embarrassing and looks horrible in front of recruits. Nothing infuriates me more than grown people booing student athletes. 

I was hoping JJ would get it together, but after last night's debacle...we need to stick with one and truck on. 

I think our fans were booing the constant QB carousel.   Not the individual QB, and I hope the players know that.  Last night just wasn't acceptable and that booing lets Jay know we're over it.   If he's listening....

7 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

had he went somewhere that had a competent offensive strategy and competent QB coach, he might have actually lived up to the hype....

feel sad for him because he seems like a great kid

No he does not have the mental ability to play qb. He is a good dude he just does not have it upstairs to be effective. I don't think coaching would have made any difference.

I don't know JJ. I hope he's a nice guy bc football isn't gonna work out for him. At this level, all the talent in the world means poop if your fundamentals are poor. JJ's footwork is atrocious, even on completions he rarely steps into a throw. That's our offensive coaches fault. Just so happens that our HC is supposed to be "more involved" this year. After 4 qtrs, it appears he was also involved last year.... 

2 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I think our fans were booing the constant QB carousel.   Not the individual QB, and I hope the players know that.  Last night just wasn't acceptable and that booing lets Jay know we're over it.   If he's listening....

I do realize that the booing is expressing the discontent with the play calling, etc., but I can also say that people around me were booing players. It happened a few times. And yes, Jay listening is the great unknown...

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

No he does not have the mental ability to play qb. He is a good dude he just does not have it upstairs to be effective. I don't think coaching would have made any difference.

23 just curious, who would you personally pick to play QB? Sean, JF3 or Sean with JF3 running some option?

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

I don't know JJ. I hope he's a nice guy bc football isn't gonna work out for him. At this level, all the talent in the world means poop if your fundamentals are poor. JJ's footwork is atrocious, even on completions he rarely steps into a throw. That's our offensive coaches fault. Just so happens that our HC is supposed to be "more involved" this year. After 4 qtrs, it appears he was also involved last year.... 

You can teach JJ to step up in the pocket and set his feet all day long but if he doesn't do it when the pressure is on at gametime what can you do. The problem was that we put him in the game knowing the problems he has. That's the bad coaching part. JJ tries to run around defenders instead of stepping up and making throws. JJ is nowhere close to being the type of runner at qb that can run around rushing defenders like he tried to do. I don't really know what our coaches were thinking playing him, if they were expecting a miracle or what. He costs us dearly on an interception and another time when he can't put his head down and get one yard when he is 6'5 240. There is absolutely no way DW or Cam who is similar in size to JJ don't get that 1 yard on 4th down inside the 5 yard line. It was a bad call running to the right side behind Leff who had struggled all night but you gotta will that yard.

You can teach JJ to step up in the pocket and set his feet all day long but if he doesn't do it when the pressure is on at gametime what can you do. The problem was that we put him in the game knowing the problems he has. That's the bad coaching part. JJ tries to run around defenders instead of stepping up and making throws. JJ is nowhere close to being the type of runner at qb that can run around rushing defenders like he tried to do. I don't really know what our coaches were thinking playing him, if they were expecting a miracle or what. He costs us dearly on an interception and another time when he can't put his head down and get one yard when he is 6'5 240. There is absolutely no way DW or Cam who is similar in size to JJ don't get that 1 yard on 4th down inside the 5 yard line. It was a bad call running to the right side behind Leff who had struggled all night but you gotta will that yard.

No argument out of me...I just would rather see CGM leave as well as our AD JJ. I'm just not into blaming the players because you tend to play the way you're coached.

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

23, your post doesn't fit the narrative here. What are you thinking?

15 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This is crap.  If you can't understand that our QB coaching under Gus and Lashlee has been terrible, the I question your ability to think reasonably.

wde

9 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yeah, I just re-watched the game. JJ made some good throws, but Gus wants to talk about "packages" and certain plays for certain quarterbacks. Well, Sean White can do everything that JJ was called upon to do last night minus short yardage plays. The only "package" that was effective was sprinkling JFIII in to open up holes in the running game, which was effective, although I think Gus would leave him in for too long. Run a play or two, get him out. We'd try and run the same play 3x over with JFIII and eventually get hit with a loss. My point is that Gus should have stuck strictly with Sean White, and introduced JFIII at certain junctions in the football game. That would have been a more effective strategy on second observation. -

No JJ doesn't have what it takes to get the job done but our coaches should have realized that by now and made him a TE. I'm sure the players are just as confused as the fans because every video i see from practice they are running hurry up then get to the game and it's something totally different. I hate how we waste downs running all this razzle dazzle play action stuff. Line up call a slant and let your Qb throw the ball. It's really not this hard.

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

This is crap.  If you can't understand that our QB coaching under Gus and Lashlee has been terrible, the I question your ability to think reasonably.

wde

Where did I say that we have good qb coaching anywhere in my statement. I said he has been taught to step up in the pocket and set his feet but he doesn't do it. The bad coaching move is putting him in the game knowing that he has this problem.

Where did I say that we have good qb coaching anywhere in my statement. I said he has been taught to step up in the pocket and set his feet but he doesn't do it. The bad coaching move is putting him in the game knowing that he has this problem.

If a competent QB coach/OC had been coaching Jeremy for the last 3 years then I think Johnson would be OK.  The problem is not the player,  The problem is the coaching.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

If a competent QB coach/OC had been coaching Jeremy for the last 3 years then I think Johnson would be OK.  The problem is not the player,  The problem is the coaching.

wde

Not everyone can be coached to be successful in the quarterback position at this level. Some guys won't ever get there despite coaching. 

Archived