When was the last time....

Mustprotect

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude was instrumental in us winning it all. Broke Bo's freshman record. Did his best to carry the team in 2011 until the entire program went up in flames. We didn't miss on him in my opinion. 

There is no telling how good Dyer would have been if he would have had any work ethic and drive. Dyer was an unbelievable talent. If he could have stayed out of trouble and did what he was supposed to do he would have been an all American here.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

There is no telling how good Dyer would have been if he would have had any work ethic and drive. Dyer was an unbelievable talent. If he could have stayed out of trouble and did what he was supposed to do he would have been an all American here.

It wasn't even about work ethic or drive.  The kid burned his brain out on fake weed and his career went with it.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

It wasn't even about work ethic or drive.  The kid burned his brain out on fake weed and his career went with it.

I know about the fake weed.  Dyer still didn't have work ethic or drive from the time he got to Auburn. He was disliked by alot of players on the team especially in 2011 for thinking he was above the team and the same rules didn't apply to him because he was a superstar 5 star recruit in his mind that didn't need to put in the work that it takes to be a great rb in the SEC.

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I know about the fake weed.  Dyer still didn't have work ethic or drive from the time he got to Auburn. He was disliked by alot of players on the team especially in 2011 for thinking he was above the team and the same rules didn't apply to him because he was a superstar 5 star recruit in his mind that didn't need to put in the work that it takes to be a great rb in the SEC.

Such a shame. I agree with your statement that he could've been an All-American. I think a lot of AU fans discount his talent because of how things ended.

Interesting that the team didn't like him. I remember when he took over the "leading the team towards the end zone to start the 4th quarter" duties, and the difference in enthusiasm from the team from when Cam did it was palpable. I'm sure there were other factors at play... like they weren't nearly as good of a team... but still. 

Being a freak talent at a small private school in Arkansas where he probably didn't have much trouble to get into and wasn't living with his own family... seems a recipe for not getting the best guidance or structure. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I thought it was amazing that he was as good as he was when he always ran with a limp and I would guess his best 40 time would be around 4.8 if that.  Amazing balance, vision and ability to run through tackles.  God given ability like that is often taken for granted and underappreciated.  Takes a special coach to deal with that type of player and get them to reach their potential.

Archived