Not quite post game thoughts

GoAU

Didn't have the chance to post much at all during the game, but here are a few observations:

1) Our O Line got pounded. They're not of the same caliber as A&Ms D line.  That impacted both the running and passing games. 

2)  Play calling regressed back to "1st down up the middle for no gain" like clockwork today. 

3) Coverage was spotty at best 

4) Our D line could not contain the QB.  We flushed him pretty well, but he'd just roll out and their O line would seal it up behind him. 

Overall, wish I had a positive to point out, but just can find any.

AU hired Gus for his offensive prowess. The offense is in total shambles. The handwriting is on the wall and I'm not sure what AU does next or who will decide what to do. 

16 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

art briles or bust!!!!!

Not completely against this, but I would need to know more about what happened at Baylor. I'm against anyone that would tarnish Auburn's image, or any whiny/jerk coaches that don't represent the auburn creed (e.g. Petrino, Saban, Kiffin, etc.).

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

Didn't have the chance to post much at all during the game, but here are a few observations:

1) Our O Line got pounded. They're not of the same caliber as A&Ms D line.  That impacted both the running and passing games. 

2)  Play calling regressed back to "1st down up the middle for no gain" like clockwork today. 

3) Coverage was spotty at best 

4) Our D line could not contain the QB.  We flushed him pretty well, but he'd just roll out and their O line would seal it up behind him. 

Overall, wish I had a positive to point out, but just can find any.

Not sure I agree totally with 1) as we did have some nice runs but I know our scheme requiring the backside guard to pull across the formation and pick up the DE on our first play was NOT well thought out or executed.  Not sure anyone could execute that.

2a) Second down, lateral pass for WR screen.  3rd down hope White and WR can make a play - again not conducive to OL execution being SO predictable.

JF3 had some good plays including some passes- don't know about Defensive players/play-calling at the time.

Archived