Today's Trump WTF moment

AUUSN

...how about today's 'first' WTF moment?  Trump & Co. are certainly capable of more than one per day, as has been demonstrated on multiple occasions..  <_<

I think part of the Syrian refugee problem is people thinking of them as faceless objects, pieces of candy if you will, to be judged and stereotyped en masse, rather than as individual human beings deserving of human compassion and love on a one-by-one basis.

13 minutes ago, quietfan said:

...how about today's 'first' WTF moment?  Trump & Co. are certainly capable of more than one per day, as has been demonstrated on multiple occasions..  <_<

I think part of the Syrian refugee problem is people thinking of them as faceless objects, pieces of candy if you will, to be judged and stereotyped en masse, rather than as individual human beings deserving of human compassion and love on a one-by-one basis.

I completely agree! They DO deserve human compassion and love on a one-by-one basis. The part I am not sure about is whether it is the obligation/duty of our government to do the loving versus us as humans.

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I completely agree! They DO deserve human compassion and love on a one-by-one basis. The part I am not sure about is whether it is the obligation/duty of our government to do the loving versus us as humans.

I respect your thoughts or uncertainty.  If you, as a human,  have the means and authority--including the ability to navigate international and U.S. law & diplomacy regarding refugees--to care for even one refugee on a one-by-one basis, I encourage you to do so.  Speaking only for myself, about all I can do as a single human living in Alabama is donate money to organizations that are helping them, which I've done repeatedly.

4 minutes ago, quietfan said:

I respect your thoughts or uncertainty.  If you, as a human,  have the means and authority--including the ability to navigate international and U.S. law & diplomacy regarding refugees--to care for even one refugee on a one-by-one basis, I encourage you to do so.  Speaking only for myself, about all I can do as a single human living in Alabama is donate money to organizations that are helping them, which I've done repeatedly.

I applaud your efforts!

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

So am I correct in assuming that you do not agree with the statement? Are you saying that the refugees are not potentially dangerous?

Who said we should allow people in randomly - like opening a package of skittles"

Do these people look dangerous?

Image result for syrian refugees imagesImage result for syrian refugees images

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Who said we should allow people in randomly - like opening a package of skittles"

Do these people look dangerous?

Image result for syrian refugees imagesImage result for syrian refugees images

That is EXACTLY the point! Maybe we should only accept the ones that are not dangerous. Are you getting conservative on me?

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

That is EXACTLY the point! Maybe we should only accept the ones that are not dangerous. Are you getting conservative on me?

Even I don't equate conservatism with being totally brain dead.  Maybe I should reconsider. 

And stop with the BS.  You are the one who agreed with the original premise:

"So am I correct in assuming that you do not agree with the statement? Are you saying that the refugees are not potentially dangerous?"

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Even I don't equate conservatism with being totally brain dead.  Maybe I should reconsider. 

And stop with the BS.  You are the one who agreed with the original premise:

"So am I correct in assuming that you do not agree with the statement? Are you saying that the refugees are not potentially dangerous?"

"equate conservatism with being totally brain dead"   No, that would be liberalism and even then it would only be about 50% of the brain as dead. 

'I'm a refugee' says Skittles photographer

David Kittos, 48, from Guildford, UK, woke up to find an image he had posted to Flickr in January 2010 had become embroiled in a political controversy.

"This was not done with my permission, I don't support his politics and I would never take his money to use it," Mr Kittos told the BBC.

"In 1974, when I was six-years old, I was a refugee from the Turkish occupation of Cyprus so I would never approve the use of this image against refugees."

Donald Trump Jr.’s tweet comparing Syrian refugees to Skittles has deep roots. The concept dates back at least to 1938 and a children’s book called Der Giftpilz, or The Toadstool, in which a mother explains to her son that it only takes one Jew to destroy an entire people.

Trump’s tweet has clear parallels to Streicher’s children’s book, where a boy named Franz learns about the Jews from his mother:

“However they disguise themselves, or however friendly they try to be, affirming a thousand times their good intentions to us, one must not believe them. Jews they are and Jews they remain. For our Volk they are poison.”

“Like the poisonous mushroom!” says Franz.

“Yes, my child! Just as a single poisonous mushrooms can kill a whole family, so a solitary Jew can destroy a whole village, a whole city, even an entire Volk [nation].”

11 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Maybe it's just me, but the black bunny with a white collar looks dangerous.

Actually, there are many things about Eisenhower I wish Trump would copy:  Intelligence, honesty, race relations, progressive thinking, and more.  But not necessarily speaking in front of a plane.

(It would please me, and probably help his campaign, if he stopped talking entirely.)

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

"equate conservatism with being totally brain dead"   No, that would be liberalism and even then it would only be about 50% of the brain as dead. 

Ha Ha.  That's good.  :-\

19 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

It wasn't all that long ago America was mourning a Syrian refugee baby boy washed up dead on a beach in Turkey. Now Syrian refuges are dangerous killers?

Only three of the green ones are dangerous killers.

Archived