Toomer's Oaks on Fire

BigWhiskey91

23 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

How much $ has updyke actually paid ? Just curious as to fee vs actual payment 

I don't know for certain, but last I heard, VERY little.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/20/2016 at 1:26 PM, lionheartkc said:

Does make you wonder if the city can't just pass an ordinance that slaps a major penalty as minimum punishment for intentionally causing harm to the trees... since it's apparently become the new sport du jour of the regional idiots.

The city could pass such an ordinance.  However, municipal ordinances in Alabama can only be misdemeanors.  The statute under which these idiots have been charged, Criminal Mischief 1st degree, is a felony and has stiffer penalties attached to it than the City of Auburn could legally impose for such a crime.  The APD and Lee Co folks have gotten it right on this in both tree damage cases IMO.  

17 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Scumbag is pleading guilty and paying out $23,157 to cover all possible damages... Interested to know where he came up with the cash...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Toomers-Corner-arsonist-agrees-to-plead-guilty-49960843?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161221_171711_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

My question is how do you get a public defender if you can come up with a cashier's check for over $23K?

9 minutes ago, WarDlowe said:

The city could pass such an ordinance.  However, municipal ordinances in Alabama can only be misdemeanors.  The statute under which these idiots have been charged, Criminal Mischief 1st degree, is a felony and has stiffer penalties attached to it than the City of Auburn could legally impose for such a crime.  The APD and Lee Co folks have gotten it right on this in both tree damage cases IMO.  

Great info.  Thanks for that.

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

My question is how do you get a public defender if you can come up with a cashier's check for over $23K?

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he's not from the US.

Archived