Toomer's Oaks on Fire

BigWhiskey91

On 9/25/2016 at 3:40 PM, JGLEATON said:

They were when they bombed Pearl Harbor...

On 9/25/2016 at 4:21 PM, tiger88 said:

First Pearl Harbor, now this! It needs to stop! 

Maybe this is a reference I don't get, but if no one else is going to say it, I will. It was Japan that bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hewlejd said:

Maybe this is a reference I don't get, but if no one else is going to say it, I will. It was Japan that bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany. 

It's a well known John Belsushi quote form the movie Animal House... in the movie Bluto (Belushi) is giving an inspirational speech and he say's "...was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor... hell no!"

and btw Otter (Tim Mathesons character) say's the same thing you did when he say's that he say's... "...Germans??"   lol

You gotta know quotes for Animal house, Caddyshack and the Godfather...  man that's like Guy code rule # 7...

On September 26, 2016 at 5:13 PM, lionheartkc said:

On a happier note, the a**hat's charges now include a felony count of criminal mischief that could come with a year in jail and $15,000 in fines... on top of his 2 misdemeanors of public intoxication and desecration of a venerable object.  

HaHa!

Blood from a turnip?

1 hour ago, hewlejd said:

2 hours ago, hewlejd said:

This is a reference you don't get. It takes less than 10 seconds to google it. 

Wonder if besides the current charges there could be one along the lines of public endangerment, in that people were in danger of bodily injury? Just throw the book at this clown.

20 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

It's a well known John Belsushi quote form the movie Animal House... in the movie Bluto (Belushi) is giving an inspirational speech and he say's "...was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor... hell no!"

and btw Otter (Tim Mathesons character) say's the same thing you did when he say's that he say's... "...Germans??"   lol

You gotta know quotes for Animal house, Caddyshack and the Godfather...  man that's like Guy code rule # 7...

Haha, got it. Thanks for cluing me in. I have to admit I haven't seen Animal House. Looks like I have homework.

On September 27, 2016 at 3:12 PM, JGLEATON said:

On September 27, 2016 at 3:12 PM, JGLEATON said:

As well as The Big Lebowski, Oh Brother Where Out There, Cool Hand Luke, True Romance....I could go on....I was a RTV&F student....sorry....I could have gone on all day.

• 3 weeks later...

Good News/Bad News?

Apparently doubt remains as to the prognosis of our abused one.

Regardless of outcome this week, let's continue to treat it kindly

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2016/10/horticulture-professor-predicts-auburn-oak-will-die-and-must-be-replaced

Hope the good professor's prediction is not the case, it'll really suck to lose yet another tree.

If they do end up having to replace it, they need to go ahead and build a gallows on the corner. This can facilitate the public hanging of whatever POS is stupid enough to try to damage the trees in the future (and let me say that I hope this is the absolute last time something like this happens).  

7 minutes ago, Michael X said:

Hope the good professor's prediction is not the case, it'll really suck to lose yet another tree.

If they do end up having to replace it, they need to go ahead and build a gallows on the corner. This can facilitate the public hanging of whatever POS is stupid enough to try to damage the trees in the future (and let me say that I hope this is the absolute last time something like this happens).  

Does make you wonder if the city can't just pass an ordinance that slaps a major penalty as minimum punishment for intentionally causing harm to the trees... since it's apparently become the new sport du jour of the regional idiots.

15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Does make you wonder if the city can't just pass an ordinance that slaps a major penalty as minimum punishment for intentionally causing harm to the trees... since it's apparently become the new sport du jour of the regional idiots.

I think the cost to a violator should be what ever the cost to repair or replace the tree. If it dies, then this goofball should have paid the cost of replacement ($10,000-20,000).... Nothing less (and maybe dig the hole too for the new tree)

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think the cost to a violator should be what ever the cost to repair or replace the tree. If it dies, then this goofball should have paid the cost of replacement ($10,000-20,000).... Nothing less (and maybe dig the hole too for the new tree)

While I don't disagree, most people who are stupid enough to hurt the trees aren't smart enough to have that kind of money.  I was thinking required jail time, etc... though I am open to public floggings.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

While I don't disagree, most people who are stupid enough to hurt the trees aren't smart enough to have that kind of money.  I was thinking required jail time, etc... though I am open to public floggings.

Saw an article somewhere that Updyke the Anti-Arborist hasn't even paid 1% of what he owes AU. And noticed in a story on The Plainsman's website that the Betrunken Brandstifter - Jochen Wiest - is being represented by Margaret Brown, whom also ended up representing the aforementioned idiot. Plainsman link is here.    

Considering neither of these two tree killers will ever pay anything close to what the damages cost, they should both be sentenced to life -that is, life cleaning up Toomer's corner on Sundays. Whatever the cost is to the city or university for the current clean up crew could be saved and used for other purposes and needs. Make them wear navy blue jumpsuits with orange vests. I have little to no tolerance for people who do stupid things. 

• 2 months later...

Scumbag is pleading guilty and paying out $23,157 to cover all possible damages... Interested to know where he came up with the cash...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Toomers-Corner-arsonist-agrees-to-plead-guilty-49960843?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161221_171711_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Scumbag is pleading guilty and paying out $23,157 to cover all possible damages... Interested to know where he came up with the cash...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Toomers-Corner-arsonist-agrees-to-plead-guilty-49960843?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161221_171711_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

Probably mommy and daddy bailing him out....again I'm sure.

5 hours ago, WVR said:

Probably mommy and daddy bailing him out....again I'm sure.

Which most of us would do for our kids too

so mr bird is it true your vacation home in one of toomers trees was destroyed? dirty bastids messing up a good thing...........................

16 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

How much $ has updyke actually paid ? 

16 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

How much $ has updyke actually paid ? Just curious as to fee vs actual payment 

Archived