Guthries

Niffers

The Supper Club

Things that are gone:

Flush

Tiger Time

Harry's

Planet X

I miss all my friends, but that's why Auburn Football games mean so much, it's always a reunion of sorts. It's more than football, it's family.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Free movie on Sunday nights (especially the cartoon)

Playing football on the drill field after a big rain

Upside down banana splits from the Flush

Experimenting with new drinks at Aubie's

Cheap beer and shooting pool at Harry's

Intramurals

Football Saturday nights at The Supper Club

Rappelling off the tower

Things I DON'T miss

Thermodynamics

Physics

Marching on the drill field when it was hot...or cold

Soil Mechanics

Dr. Swinson

The feeling the morning after football Saturday nights at The Supper Club

The eagle in the cage near the stadium

The old basketball field house

Playing Ga. Tech every year

Playing Tennessee every year

Playing Florida every year

Experimenting with new drinks at Aubie's

141656[/snapback]

Yeah!!! Now THOSE were good times!

Tiger's cage, The flush &Tiger Time, naturally.

Parties at the Blue House.

The fact that it was a SMALL town.

Walking to the bars, stumbling home, and not ever getting harrassed by the cops for doing so.

I'm not sure I'd even recognize parts of Auburn now...haven't been there since 1997.

I miss:

* The Flush.

* Going to Harry's after everything else was closed and coming out to a bright sunrise...that's when you know you've been out a loooong time.

* Guthrie's...one of my good friends swore that it was a surefire cure for a hangover.

* The Strutting Duck...hard to beat 75 cent beer certain days of the week.

* Going to Chewacla in the spring/summer...find a spot to stretch out, listen to the Walk-man and just fade into oblivion for a couple of hours.

* Getting a lemonade at Toomer's either coming or going from class...I lived on Magnolia for 3 years.

* Night games at Jordan-Hare...or any games at Jordan-Hare, for that matter...haven't made it back for one since 1991.

* Intramurals...softball season was always loads of fun.

* Mate Selection and Marital Interaction...easiest class (outside of P.E.) EV-ER.

* Free movies at Langdon Hall

I miss Tiger Time a lot. Nothing like a Scramble Dog at TT at about 2:00 am. Anybody else remember what was in that? :big:

Don't even get me started on The Flush. The first date I ever went on at Auburn was to the Flush for a cone. The guy turned out to be a goober, but still, it was special. I have a watercolor print of the Flush in my office.

I LOVED Free Movie. My favorite two were Animal House and The Blues Brothers. EVERYBODY knew all the words and we all played along... :)

I miss the way it felt to walk on campus on a beautiful spring day - no humidity, brilliant cloudless blue sky, cool breeze... :( *sniff*

I used to take my dog to Chewacla to play in the creeks and stuff.

And my first love proposed to me under the oaks in front of Sanford Hall. He was the first guy I ever fell totally head over heels completely in love with, and he loved me back with jsut as much intensity. We never got married - long story but it was definitely for the best, altho it nearly killed us both at the time - but he was my heart's true love and always will be a special part of my memories of my time at Auburn. So I guess I miss the way it felt to be young and madly in love at Auburn - young, dumb and stupid. :rolleyes:

Was the Strutting Duck the one over by Kroger and Turtles on Dean, right by Glenn? I worked at that Turtles when it became Blockbuster Music.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, Wednesday nights during winter quarter, they had all you can eat crawfish for 9 or 10 bucks. I sware, I'd go up there at 6, and they'd have to kick me out.

The only bad thing about this past football season was discovering that Harry's is gone. Harry's used to have the BEST bar shirts. "Where the Elite Meet" and "Proverbs 31:7" are my all time favorite college bar t-shirts.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Was the Strutting Duck the one over by Kroger and Turtles on Dean, right by Glenn?  I worked at that Turtles when it became Blockbuster Music.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, Wednesday nights during winter quarter, they had all you can eat crawfish for 9 or 10 bucks.  I sware, I'd go up there at 6, and they'd have to kick me out.

The only bad thing about this past football season was discovering that Harry's is gone.  Harry's used to have the BEST bar shirts.  "Where the Elite Meet" and "Proverbs 31:7" are my all time favorite college bar t-shirts.

141738[/snapback]

No, the Duck was out Wire Road right next to one of the trailer parks whose name escapes me at the moment. I had a ton of high school friends who lived in that place and we called it Little Wadley after our hometown.

I also miss Camel Riders from Momma G's.

Take Ten - Basement of Haley Center

The Deli in the Quad - Forgot the name of the dorm it was in

PS2 Hockey until 3 in the morning

U103

Hangin out on the Concourse

My Trailer

Student Tickets

Tennis until the lights went out at the complex

Was the Strutting Duck the one over by Kroger and Turtles on Dean, right by Glenn?  I worked at that Turtles when it became Blockbuster Music.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, Wednesday nights during winter quarter, they had all you can eat crawfish for 9 or 10 bucks.  I sware, I'd go up there at 6, and they'd have to kick me out.

The only bad thing about this past football season was discovering that Harry's is gone.  Harry's used to have the BEST bar shirts.  "Where the Elite Meet" and "Proverbs 31:7" are my all time favorite college bar t-shirts.

141738[/snapback]

No, the Duck was out Wire Road right next to one of the trailer parks whose name escapes me at the moment. I had a ton of high school friends who lived in that place and we called it Little Wadley after our hometown.

I also miss Camel Riders from Momma G's.

141756[/snapback]

Yeah you're right. It was The Strutting Duck II that was across the street from Kroger.

All the above I missed but do you remember as a guy walking to class and seeing all the beautiful girls. I've not seen such a plethora of talent before or since. I'm blessed that a few of them would actually go out with me over the years.

I met my future wife at Auburn in 83'. Graduated, married her and have been with her ever since. I took the only thing out of there I really wanted besides my education.

Okay, also miss the Supper Club, The Flush and Chewacla State Park.

Okay, also miss the Supper Club...

141789[/snapback]

:bigblush::bigblush:

I, like some of you, miss Harry's. My friends and I lost so much money on that stupid video poker machine they had in the corner I could still almost cry.

I miss the view from the concourse, Momma G's, poker night, Cell 11 at the City Police Station...ok, wait a minute, maybe I don't miss that one. :ph34r:

Ya see, just from reading this thread, I learned something...I never knew there was a sequel to The Strutting Duck.

On Senifeld one night, they were talking about the "Bermuda Triangle" of restaurant locations. How you drive by one day, and it's something else, no trace of the old restaurant. The Duck II was in one of those locations. It later closed and became Plainsman Pub.

Which is now a paint store.

Moon's Deli

The Babes in the grass @ CDV. It was O-fficially spring as soon as the bikinis came out!

Chewacla Tubbin

Grilled Chicken on the grill.

120 Ridgewood Village-Yes, I was Wire Road trailer trash.

Riding my bike to class.

I owned the coolest Ford Fiesta S. It was a blast o drive.

Big Blue Party Store (I worked there btw.)

Watching Bambi vs Godzilla @ Langdon Hall.

Krystal's after midnight. When I was there it was Krystal's or drive to the waffle house in opelika.

Definitely miss the eagle being out there in the open. We took it for granted, I guess.

Archived