Jordan - Hare help

PChamp119

Hey y'all, I am wanting to build a scale model of Jordan - Hare, but I need dimensions of the stadium. I e-mailed the director of facilities at Auburn, but he never got back to me. Does anyone know where I can find any information? Thanks

you could always just call foy.. they are supposed to know everything!

143460[/snapback]

Ah, yes.

Eight-Foy-Foy-Foy-Two-Foy-Foy (844-4244).

They know everything...or they'll look it up and call you back two days later.

you could always just call foy.. they are supposed to know everything!

143460[/snapback]

Ah, yes.

Eight-Foy-Foy-Foy-Two-Foy-Foy (844-4244).

They know everything...or they'll look it up and call you back two days later.

143463[/snapback]

They will send a freshman with a tape measure.

I contacted FOY and they gave me the Director of Facilities contact information.

I was first thinking of legos, but I'm not sure. I am wanting to go to Hobbytown USA and see what they got to offer. I want to build approximetly 2ftx2ft - somewhere in that range. Might have to make it bigger depending on what I make it out of. Legos may require 3x3 or so - any ideas on what to make it out of?

It's real simple (I'm an engineer). Find an aerial photograph of JH. Remember that the football field is 300 feet from goal line to goal line. Find the white lines on the photograph. Convert and extrapolate to come up with an appropriate scale. If you are smart enough to build a scale model, you are smart enough to understand what I just said (every bit of it is true). If not, go to Anders...they sell scaled models for $30-$40. Pass it off as yours...noone will know the difference. Good Luck!

Just a comment about Foy knowing everything. They can tell you how many bricks are in the Concourse but not how long the whole thing is.

Just a comment about Foy knowing everything. They can tell you how many bricks are in the Concourse but not how long the whole thing is.

143509[/snapback]

Have they taken into consideration all the ones that are missing?... or do they just tell you the number that should be... lol

Foy used to know everything...now they are real slack. Even after graduation, I still have some friends that call there when they have questions that no one can answer.

You could always attend camp war eagle this summer, those counselors seem to know everything.

It's real simple (I'm an engineer). Find an aerial photograph of JH. Remember that the football field is 300 feet from goal line to goal line. Find the white lines on the photograph. Convert and extrapolate to come up with an appropriate scale. If you are smart enough to build a scale model, you are smart enough to understand what I just said (every bit of it is true). If not, go to Anders...they sell scaled models for $30-$40. Pass it off as yours...noone will know the difference. Good Luck!

143507[/snapback]

Yes but I need dimensions such as height. How many rows. Height of the rows. How high the lower deck is compared to the upper deck.

I was thinking of using some mathematics with shadows and angles, I'll do so if I'm desperate.

143507[/snapback]

Yes but I need dimensions such as height. How many rows. Height of the rows. How high the lower deck is compared to the upper deck.

I was thinking of using some mathematics with shadows and angles, I'll do so if I'm desperate.

143553[/snapback]

Can it wait until the first game next year? Maybe call up Housel and see if he can give you a personal tour or something. He's very approachable. (My friends just set up a meeting with him one day just to talk and he accepted.)

I am in architecture (4th year) and a thesis studio made one last semester as part of a larger project. Go to the architecture (Dudley) library-they have blueprints in there of Jordan-Hare. All I do all day is make models :thumbsup:

I got ahold of the college of architecture and they sent me to facilities. Architecture has floor plans, but that's it. Facilities had the actual blue prints, but the guy kept telling me how tough it is and that the blue prints are in like hundreds of different documents - dating back to the 1930's or so. Basically they don't have anything on the current stadium - so I'm assuming they just have whatever they added on as time progressed. I'd still look at them, but the guy said looking at the blue prints because they are stored away "is not like checking out a book." So maybe I'll just estimate my own dimensions. It doesn't need to be perfect. But thanks for the help.

Archived