Mattis reportedly not happy

TexasTiger

I don't see Mattis not speaking his mind or not asserting his leadership. Trump's style may get an early test. Guys like Mattis give Trump credibility the majority of his picks simply don't. Trump needs Mattis. America needs Mattis. Mattis has the power here, which Trump isn't accustomed to.

"“The blowback underscored Trump’s tenuous relationship with his own national security advisers, many of whom he met for the first time during the transition… Mattis, who stood next to Trump during Friday’s signing ceremony, is said to be particularly incensed… Tillerson has told the president’s political advisers that he was baffled over not being consulted on the substance of the order.”"

https://apnews.com/98c2a8cac3b74bde803f03af4e53af47/Trump-faces-blowback-from-Cabinet,-diplomats-for-refugee-ban

I'm dubious of said 'inside reports', but if he loses Mattis, then yeah, he could really be painting himself into a corner. 

This ain't an interim AG. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I don't see Mattis not speaking his mind or not asserting his leadership. Trump's style may get an early test. Guys like Mattis give Trump credibility the majority of his picks simply don't. Trump needs Mattis. America needs Mattis. Mattis has the power here, which Trump isn't accustomed to.

"“The blowback underscored Trump’s tenuous relationship with his own national security advisers, many of whom he met for the first time during the transition… Mattis, who stood next to Trump during Friday’s signing ceremony, is said to be particularly incensed… Tillerson has told the president’s political advisers that he was baffled over not being consulted on the substance of the order.”"

https://apnews.com/98c2a8cac3b74bde803f03af4e53af47/Trump-faces-blowback-from-Cabinet,-diplomats-for-refugee-ban

If true, that would be troubling. #notsurprising

Archived