Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

MDM4AU

I went out to the Extreme Makeover home last night. It was pretty cool to be on site. I didn't get to meet any of the cast but I did get to walk through the house. They took a 1700sqft home and made it 5000+!

The family consists of 9 members. Mom, Dad, and 7 children. One boy is 9 and the other 6 are three!!!! (4 boys 2 girls) Most of the neighbors are really cool about the whole thing. Many roads are blocked off and several people allowed tents, equipment, etc to be set up in their yards. Some were not so accommodating.

Some of the businesses contributing to the effort that don't really get the recognition that Sears or other big names get are:

Pizza Hut (250 Pizzas just yesterday)

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (cases on cases of coffee in an assortment of flavors and three coffee machines)

Barber's Dairy

Coca-Cola (Sodas and Water)

84 Lumber (approximately $50,000 in material)

We stayed out there until after 2 o'clock in the morning and when we left, the workers were still going strong.

My wife's best friend form college is one of the builders heading up the job. He is one of the owners of Signature Homes.

The work put into these types of things is quite inspiring.

This show has higher ratings than "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday and is 2nd in reality shows behind "Survivor." It has more viewers than "The Apprentice" and "American Idol."

I am not sure when this episode will air yet. Extreme Makerover: Home Edition comes on Sundays at 7CT. If you have never watched this, I suggest you check it out. It is a really good show and very touching.

We were in Bham for a dance competition this weekend. We were staying in the same hotel with the cast. I passed Paul DiMeo in the lobby before I knew they were there and thought that he looked like the guy from the show. Then later when I went with some of the other moms to the bar for dinner, three guys came in wearing Extreme Makeover shirts. One of them may have been Michael but I'm not for certain. If you find out when the show will air let us know, I would really like to see it.

I'm sure by the time it airs the Harrises will have moved on to taking advantage of someone else for their own personal gain. I find it comical that they would allow them to totally trash a house that other people payed for, but it's Ok cuz now some other group is paying for the house they will eventually live in. What a group of scamartists.

I'm sure by the time it airs the Harrises will have moved on to taking advantage of someone else for their own personal gain. I find it comical that they would allow them to totally trash a house that other people payed for, but it's Ok cuz now some other group is paying for the house they will eventually live in.  What a group of scamartists.

144955[/snapback]

:blink:

I'm sure by the time it airs the Harrises will have moved on to taking advantage of someone else for their own personal gain. I find it comical that they would allow them to totally trash a house that other people payed for, but it's Ok cuz now some other group is paying for the house they will eventually live in.  What a group of scamartists.

144955[/snapback]

:blink:

145009[/snapback]

Yeah, I didn't get the animosity either. :gofig:

Archived