Softball vs. South Carolina - game 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan hits it solid back to the pitcher, off her glove but she recovers and tosses to 1st.   1 out.   McCrackin up.

wow.  Draper in the hole 0-2 after the umpire missed what he thought was a foul ball and she pulled the bat back and never touched the ball. It went off the catchers glove then hit the umpire.  It never hit the bat.  .    Draper strikes out to end the top 4th.   Umpire even talked to his partners and they didn't correct it.   No idea how he could have missed that.

This woman on the broadcast is clueless.  The game is in the 4th inning, Auburn has allowed 2 base runners, 1 bunt single and a hit batter.  That idiot woman, says that now that South carolina has gone through the lineup a couple of times they have picked up something Swindle is doing.   HUH?   2 base runners in 4 innings means they are still on their 2nd run through the order.  They haven't even come close to going through the lineup a "couple of times".   What an clueless comment.

DOn't assume the announcer is wrong. Sometimes it does take 2 times around and the pitcher gets a little more tired..especially since Swindle has not pitched much and who knows her endurance.

I wonder if she gets in trouble will CCM put in Carlson to nail it down...even if she pitches tomorrow too..

Wallace hits it on the nose but right at the 3rd baseman, throw back to 1st doubles up Cooper.  2 quick outs.  Rivera up.

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

DOn't assume the announcer is wrong. Sometimes it does take 2 times around and the pitcher gets a little more tired..especially since Swindle has not pitched much and who knows her endurance.

I wonder if she gets in trouble will CCM put in Carlson to nail it down...even if she pitches tomorrow too..

I didn't assume she was wrong, I flat out said she was wrong and she was.  She said they had gone through the lineup a couple of times.  That's what she was wrong about.  YES, she is CLEARLY wrong.  no way in 4 innings with 2 baserunenrs that any team has gone through the lineup a "couple of times".  

Rivera sends one deep to left and its off the wall and Rivera stands in at 2nd.   Shea coming up.

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I didn't assume she was wrong, I flat out said she was wrong and she was.  She said they had gone through the lineup a couple of times.  That's what she was wrong about.  YES, she is CLEARLY wrong.  no way in 4 innings with 2 baserunenrs that any team has gone through the lineup a "couple of times".  

Sorry look at the stats. Draper batted in the first, AND the second inning and now the fourth, so by the fourth they did already bat around twice...since Draper is our leadoff hitter...

Now your turn...))

single for south carolina but nothing else.  After 5 complete, Auburn leads 2-0.   Greenwood, Veach and Jordan coming up.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Sorry look at the stats. Draper batted in the first, AND the second inning and now the fourth, so by the fourth they did already bat around twice...since Draper is our leadoff hitter...

Now your turn...))

Clearly you didn't read my entire first post on this.  She was talking about south carolinas batters facing Swindle.  They just now completed their 2nd time through the lineup.

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Now your turn...))

Not WarTiger, but 4 innings X 3 outs per inning is 12 batters.  Add the 2 base runners adds up to 14 batters at the most.  You need 18 to get through the lineup twice.  If the two base runners were involved in double plays, you would only have had 12 batters in 4 innings.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not WarTiger, but 4 innings X 3 outs per inning is 12 batters.  Add the 2 base runners adds up to 14 batters at the most.  You need 18 to get through the lineup twice.  If the two base runners were involved in double plays, you would only have had 12 batters in 4 innings.

EXACTLY!!!   CASE CLOSED.  :lol:

Veach rips one to left center and it drops and short hops the wall.  Veach slides in safely at 2nd.    Jordan up.

Jordan walks.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.  Looks like a pinch hitter here for McCrackin.  Morgan Podany coming up.

Podany loops one to the right side, caught in foul territory by the 1st baseman.  2 outs.   Draper up.

Archived