Softball vs. Oklahoma - game 2

Oh well, not looking good at all.  Auburn better find someway to get some runs if they're going to play tomorrow

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn gets out of it but trails 3-0.   Jordan, McCrackin and Draper coming up.

I'm hoping to start seeing some adjustments at the plate, so far Oklahoma is pitching a no hitter with a freshman.

McCrackin lines one DEEP to left and Its GONE..   Solo home run by Casey McCrackin.   Auburn gets on the board.  3-1.  Draper up

1st pitch, Draper bunts a bunt down out front, throw not in time and is very wide.  Diving catch keeps the ball on the infield.   Draper at 1st, 1 out for Kasey Cooper.

Finally a hit! And a homerun at that!  Great job McCrackin!

22 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Again struggling at the plate, this is so frustrating.  I'm hoping Auburn can get out of this slump soon.

Unfortunately I don't think this is a slump.  I think this is who they are against good pitching.  We had a decent weekend with the bats last weekend but a quality pitcher just does us in

Edit: ha!  Just as I post they get 2 hits!

Cooper sends one deep to left but caught against the wall.   2 outs.   runner on 2nd  Carlee Wallace up.

After 3 complete, Auburn trailing 3-1.   Fagan, Rivera, and Veach coming up.  Let's get some runs here.

I am always amazed.  As an umpire for girls softball in all ages, I never could understand how a batter could stand there and watch a change up float across the plate when there were 2 strikes.  It amazes me even more that it happens in major college softball.  We'll take it.

1 minute ago, saminbama said:

I am always amazed.  As an umpire for girls softball in all ages, I never could understand how a batter could stand there and watch a change up float across the plate when there were 2 strikes.  It amazes me even more that it happens in major college softball.  We'll take it.

Happens in baseball too. If you aren't looking for something offspeed to stay in the zone, it will lock you up every time. 

This weekend has really proven to me that Coach Myers is some kind of genius. To get this far and have this record with these kind of offensive weaknesses is truly remarkable. It's been a season over overachievement and there are more good days ahead. 

Veach strikes out swinging, ball gets away from the catch, Veach doesn't know it got away from the catcher, she starts running to 1st, throw down in plenty of time to get her but the 1st baseman can't handle to throw.   Veach reaches 1st.  Shea, grounder to short to end the inning.   Auburn down 3-1

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Happens in baseball too. If you aren't looking for something offspeed to stay in the zone, it will lock you up every time. 

I understand not getting the speed you're expecting, but you have time to hold your hands back and fight it off.  You don't leave the bat on your shoulder.

Archived