Women burn burqas and men shave beards....

DKW 86

• 2 weeks later...

I get it, they were persecuted...etc by this terror group but I just don't see burning veils and shaving as a constructive rebellion. The commandment to wear a veil or have a beard is from God...not this terror group. Doing that is more of an insult to God. 

I am against people forcing religious practices on others. If you force someone to pray, for example, that person gets no reward, they prayed because you forced them to, not because it was in their heart or "something they wanted to do".

3 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

I get it, they were persecuted...etc by this terror group but I just don't see burning veils and shaving as a constructive rebellion. The commandment to wear a veil or have a beard is from God...not this terror group. Doing that is more of an insult to God. 

I am against people forcing religious practices on others. If you force someone to pray, for example, that person gets no reward, they prayed because you forced them to, not because it was in their heart or "something they wanted to do".

I have a similar feeling about certain protests. Albeit not religious but football players taking a knee instead of respecting the flag during the anthem. I recognize the right to do it. Just don't agree with the strategy. 

Women would get slapped (among other punishments) if their face were showing in public...by their own civilian police in traditionalist areas. What does ISIS have to do with this? 

11 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

So forcing people to do something against their will is okay if there is a passage of scripture supporting it? You do realize that some of these folks were never really believers right? No community is ever going to be 100% anything.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

So forcing people to do something against their will is okay if there is a passage of scripture supporting it? You do realize that some of these folks were never really believers right? No community is ever going to be 100% anything.

no no no...I never said that. Why do people have to try and twist my words??!! 

15 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

If they dont believe in God, how is it an insult to God? It may not be rebellion at all. It may just be going back to normality.

On 8/4/2017 at 6:51 AM, Auburn06 said:

I don't think the acts of burning veils and shaving were meant to be a "constructive rebellion." It sounds like it was more of a celebratory act. 

4 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I don't think the acts of burning veils and shaving were meant to be a "constructive rebellion." It sounds like it was more of a celebratory act. 

This makes the most sense. 

Archived