Automobiles

chinook

i thought of this one on the way home from work when i saw a man drive a puke green Honda Del Sol.

other cars:

Chevy (Geo) Tracker

Suzuki Sidekick

Mazada Miata

Toyota MR-2

Porsche 914

What makes it funny about the Beetle is that I always see women with fake flowers in the holder by the steering wheel. When I saw a guy with that same setup and him behind the wheel, I was hoping his car broke down and he was driving the wifes car.

Oh no! I used to drive a blue Del Sol, did for about 4 years. I hope my manhood was not ruined.

only if you were blairing iron maiden in traffic.

Oh no! I used to drive a blue Del Sol, did for about 4 years. I hope my manhood was not ruined.

only if you were blairing iron maiden in traffic.

148276[/snapback]

I mostly listen to country music. I only listen to Iron Maiden 1. Before every televised Auburn Football game. 2. When I'm really drunk and looking to break some lawn furniture or set something on fire, which happens an awful lot.

War Chinook.......Have you ever been to Wizard Island in Southern Oregon? This is a real question.

i have been to crater lake national park and seen wizard island from the crater rim. crater lake n.p. is a wonderful place to camp and hike.

i have been to crater lake national park and seen wizard island from the crater rim.  crater lake n.p. is a wonderful place to camp and hike.

148306[/snapback]

Crater Lake National Park is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

deepseas if you do go out there you will not forget or regret.

Chevrolet Cavalier

148289[/snapback]

Don't hate on the cavalier! That was my first car!

1.) I could afford it.

2.) It had more legroom than the (p)eon.

My dad drives a Geo Tracker, but, he is a Florida fan so maybe that makes it OK. Also, have to disagree about the (new style) Miata and older MR2, those are sports cars (although a little underpowered for me), and I see a lot more men driving them than women.

Jettas.

Jettas are chick cars, plain and simple.

148367[/snapback]

I dont think the newer Jettas are chick cars like the NEWEST 06 Jetta...or the model before the one that is out now.

I'd say that the cars that Real Men shouldn't drive would be these:

a Miata

a Neon

a Mini

or Anything made by Daewoo

A Real Man should drive one of these :big:

Honda Odyssey

148289[/snapback]

I wouldn't take anything for my Honda Odyssey. You can have your Suburban or Yukon getting 8 gallons to a mile. I'll take my more practical, better riding, better handling, better gas mileage, and easier to park Honda Odyssey any day of the week.

Honda Odyssey

148289[/snapback]

I wouldn't take anything for my Honda Odyssey. You can have your Suburban or Yukon getting 8 gallons to a mile. I'll take my more practical, better riding, better handling, better gas mileage, and easier to park Honda Odyssey any day of the week.

148608[/snapback]

It's only easier to park if you drive like a girl. :poke:

Don't hate on the MR2s. I owned a 1985 and it was the best driving car I have ever had. It was the only vehicle that could match my motorcycle through the curves. Did need a little more power though. I'm 6' 2" and had enough room.

I feel like the nissan Exterra is a girl's cars. They look too cute to be tough.

Don't be hating on the Odyssey if you drove an MR2. Cutest thing on four wheels until the Miata came along. I bet you owned a bright red Pontiac Fiero too. :poke:

Like I say, that van has more usable cargo room that just about any SUV on the road. With two kids, there simply isn't a more practical vehicle out there except for one of the new Siennas or the redesigned Odyssey (mine is a 2000).

Don't hate on the MR2s. I owned a 1985 and it was the best driving car I have ever had. It was the only vehicle that could match my motorcycle through the curves. Did need a little more power though. I'm 6' 2" and had enough room.

i don't hate them if it is 5'8" blonde gal driving it.

The Odyssey could fit in the uglist automobile thread.

Also, have to disagree about the (new style) Miata and older MR2, those are sports cars (although a little underpowered for me), and I see a lot more men driving them than women.

typically when i see a guy driving one of those two cars they are wearing a pink polo shirt with the collar turned upward. :D

148637[/snapback]

You got some weird ideas about how constitutes an ugly vehicle.

Honda-Odyssey-sm.jpg

025406-E.jpg

I'm not saying it looks like a Corvette. But that's not an ugly vehicle. IMO, it's the by far the best looking minivan available.

148637[/snapback]

You got some weird ideas about how constitutes an ugly vehicle.

Honda-Odyssey-sm.jpg

025406-E.jpg

I'm not saying it looks like a Corvette. But that's not an ugly vehicle. IMO, it's the by far the best looking minivan available.

148651[/snapback]

See. There you go with the little girly man van thing again. I can't even talk to my wife about one of those. Seh LOVES her full size low-top Starcraft conversion van with 3 TVs, electric bed, separate sound system, and chrome wheels.

And she's only 5' 1". Not one problem parking it. I do have to shield my eyes while she's doing that though. :comfort:

See. There you go with the little girly man van thing again. I can't even talk to my wife about one of those. Seh LOVES her full size low-top Starcraft conversion van with 3 TVs, electric bed, separate sound system, and chrome wheels.

148667[/snapback]

I'm sure she does for various reasons. I, on the other hand, prefer getting 20 mpg in town and 26 mpg on the highway, dual sliding doors, and having a third row seat that folds completely into the floor. I neither need nor want anything larger than that.

To each his own. Frankly, I've never understood the "chick car" issue anyway. Sounds a lot like men with a need to compensate for other "short"comings to me. :moon:

Archived