Automobiles

chinook

See. There you go with the little girly man van thing again. I can't even talk to my wife about one of those. Seh LOVES her full size low-top Starcraft conversion van with 3 TVs, electric bed, separate sound system, and chrome wheels.

148667[/snapback]

I'm sure she does for various reasons. I, on the other hand, prefer getting 20 mpg in town and 26 mpg on the highway, dual sliding doors, and having a third row seat that folds completely into the floor. I neither need nor want anything larger than that.

To each his own. Frankly, I've never understood the "chick car" issue anyway. Sounds a lot like men with a need to compensate for other "short"comings to me. :moon:

148673[/snapback]

i7B74890_1.jpg

The AUNation.net bus is a Windstar. It doubles as the family car. I drive the Mazda Truck myself but I really enjoy those reclining second row seats, and seating for 7, + 23-24MPG on the highway.

Yea, I think I BLEW past one of the Bad A$$ Odysseys the other day.....I was going 10 mph over the speed limit and it was in the Fast lane going 5 under........So, what did I do? I stayed on him/her for about 10 miles until they realized they should move the **** over........God I Hate Mini Vans.

You got some weird ideas about how constitutes an ugly vehicle.

although our tastes are different, we both are auburn fans. admittedly i was thinking of the honda element not the odyssey.

Yea, I think I BLEW past one of the Bad A$$ Odysseys the other day.....I was going 10 mph over the speed limit and it was in the Fast lane going 5 under........So, what did I do?  I stayed on him/her for about 10 miles until they realized they should move the **** over........God I Hate Mini Vans.

148806[/snapback]

Its not nice to be an interstate bully, Prowler. Just remember, there is always somebody bigger, faster, and shoots straighter. Just make sure you don't tailgate them. :blink:

And some of those mini-van people are evil. They might just make a small doll and truck and start off lightly tapping it with a hammer....

THEN....WHAM, YOU'RE GONE

:poke:

The Odyssey could fit in the uglist automobile thread.

148637[/snapback]

You got some weird ideas about how constitutes an ugly vehicle.

Honda-Odyssey-sm.jpg

025406-E.jpg

I'm not saying it looks like a Corvette. But that's not an ugly vehicle. IMO, it's the by far the best looking minivan available.

148651[/snapback]

Uh, well, I'm sure it has a great personality...

:moon:

I'm not saying it does. :P

I am saying it's not an ugly vehicle. And I am saying is that majority of the reasons being bandied about for not having a minivan have more to do with an oversensitive male ego and overcompensation than anything else. B)

Titan and I are secure in our masculinity to be able to drive a...mini-van.

Of course, some of you feel you must over-compensate for whatever by driving your oversized, over-tired, gas guzzling phallic symbols....it is okay by me. I wont think.....LESS of you.... :big:

another automobile that a man shouldn't be seen driving is an old style convertible Chrysler Lebaron.

To each his own. Frankly, I've never understood the "chick car" issue anyway. Sounds a lot like men with a need to compensate for other "short"comings to me.

you must admit there are certain automobiles that fit a gender better than other automobiles. likewise in clothing, a skirt on a man just doesn't look right.

Why is it that NO ONE can ever be critical of guys who drive minivans without being "overcompensating"?

It's like those people I know who think "everyone else is wrong"

:P:D

Why is it that NO ONE can ever be critical of guys who drive minivans without being "overcompensating"?

Probably because there's no good reason for being critical of guys for driving a minivan. It's a practical decision. Personally, I'm more of a sport sedan kind of person myself. I love the Nissan Maxima for instance. But I've just never bought into the "chick car" notion or the notion that driving an SUV instead of a minivan somehow keeps one's masculinity in tact.

Guest Tigrinum Major
If it makes you feel any better Titan...I rag guys AND girls about driving minivans. :)   :P

149016[/snapback]

BG, one day when you are old and the salads days are behind you and you have three kids that poke and punch when they are in close proximity to other another, you will celebrate the wonderfulness of the mini-van.

Yea, I think I BLEW past one of the Bad A$$ Odysseys the other day.....I was going 10 mph over the speed limit and it was in the Fast lane going 5 under........So, what did I do?  I stayed on him/her for about 10 miles until they realized they should move the **** over........God I Hate Mini Vans.

148806[/snapback]

Its not nice to be an interstate bully, Prowler. Just remember, there is always somebody bigger, faster, and shoots straighter. Just make sure you don't tailgate them. :blink:

And some of those mini-van people are evil. They might just make a small doll and truck and start off lightly tapping it with a hammer....

THEN....WHAM, YOU'RE GONE

148855[/snapback]

Nah, I ain't no Bully :D , It's just that some people don't know How to drive. There is a little white sign on the Right side of the Interstate that reads Slower Moving Vehicles Move the **** Over to the Right Lane......Or something to that nature :) ...........Don't get in the left lane only to be driving as fast as an 18 Wheeler going UP HILL.......I know some of these Mini Vans are weak, But Geez give me a freakin' break here. :poke: .......I know that some people aren't in a hurry........But, that's why some of those people that aren't in a hurry get caught up in traffic or worse a Wreck. Like in NASCAR you never see the car out front get caught up in a wreck, do ya?.....Nope, unless they come up on Lap Traffic (ie slower moving vehicles).

And, I don't believe in all that Voodoo stuff :poke:

I still think that Miatas shouldn't be drivin' by any man, Unless they're a Fa.....bammer fan :lol::lol:

Honda Odyssey

148289[/snapback]

I wouldn't take anything for my Honda Odyssey. You can have your Suburban or Yukon getting 8 gallons to a mile. I'll take my more practical, better riding, better handling, better gas mileage, and easier to park Honda Odyssey any day of the week.

148608[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya, TT! We love our Odyssey and I'll admit to feeling a slight surge of testosterone whenever I get behind the wheel!!! Damn good pick up for a mini-van, too. Check out Honda's new truck, the Ridgeline.

Dang! Long time no hear from TigerAl! Welcome back.

Yeah, the Odyssey has surprisingly good acceleration. I love it. One trip home sold me forever. I don't have anything against SUVs per se, but people who just refuse to own a minivan because of some stupid notion about their lack of "manliness" or whatever are being silly. For some, a Suburban might be more practical. For most, a minivan would make their life a lot easier.

Honda Odyssey

148289[/snapback]

I wouldn't take anything for my Honda Odyssey. You can have your Suburban or Yukon getting 8 gallons to a mile. I'll take my more practical, better riding, better handling, better gas mileage, and easier to park Honda Odyssey any day of the week.

148608[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya, TT! We love our Odyssey and I'll admit to feeling a slight surge of testosterone whenever I get behind the wheel!!! Damn good pick up for a mini-van, too. Check out Honda's new truck, the Ridgeline.

149083[/snapback]

A liberal and a mini-van driver. And now you are looking at Hondas version of the Dodge Rampage or Subaru Brat. I'm sure those jacked up 4WD owners in Millbrook will be impressed. :poke:

I'm not really the target audience for this truck, but it's only a little smaller than a Dodge Dakota...about the size of the new Chevy Colorado or Toyota Tacoma. But it's wider than both the Dakota, the Tacoma or the Colorado.

Honda Odyssey

148289[/snapback]

148608[/snapback]

149083[/snapback]

A liberal and a mini-van driver. And now you are looking at Hondas version of the Dodge Rampage or Subaru Brat. I'm sure those jacked up 4WD owners in Millbrook will be impressed. :poke:

149345[/snapback]

Nah, I'll be ok. Most of the local riff-raff moved away to north Atlanta! :poke:

Archived