Stop subsidizing NFL

WDG

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Please research this. You will find it is pure bullsheyt. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article171726982.html

Was going by what I had read sometime ago. Had not seen his latest comments. Thanks for correcting me. I try to only post facts about these kind of things but I guess fake news works both ways.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Whatever the case, the mere existence of patriotic propaganda in the sports realm isn’t an open invitation to the left to usher in slanted and divisive politics into the Eastern Sports Programming Network. 

I disagree.  

Introducing "patriotic propaganda" into the sports realm - or any other realm - metaphorically  invites alternative views to be expressed. 

And thanks to our founders for that.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:43 AM, aujeff11 said:

Lastly, Titan’s Facebook fodder is false. Our service members didn’t swear to stand behind every political protest. That’s straight horse hockey. 

Not it's not.  It's a logical allegory:

They swore to uphold the constitution. 

The constitution establishes the right of free speech.

Therefore, they swore to protect the right of free speech, even when it means disrespecting a given symbol. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I disagree.  

Introducing "patriotic propaganda" into the sports realm - or any other realm - metaphorically  invites alternative views to be expressed. 

And thanks to our founders for that.

You need alternative views of politics from sports programming for what reason? Do you want Malzahn to blister the Democrats after all of his press conferences? Pretty sure if I want political information, I’d go there first. With all of this fake news excitement, I figured you the last person to get a hard one from it. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You need alternative views of politics from sports programming for what reason? Do you want Malzahn to blister the Democrats after all of his press conferences? Pretty sure if I want political information, I’d go there first. With all of this fake news excitement, I figured you the last person to get a hard one from it. 

I didn't say I needed alternative views of politics from sports programming. 

And  why would I want Malzahn to mention politics at all? :dunno: 

Do you actually read my posts for meaning?    You constantly make statements as if my posts actually contained or implied points never made.   If you have a question, just ask.  

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not it's not.  It's a logical allegory:

They swore to uphold the constitution. 

The constitution establishes the right of free speech.

Therefore, they swore to protect the right of free speech, even when it means disrespecting a given symbols. 

That’s not what the Facebook fodder said. Don’t kid yourself if you think the military concerned themselves with political protests. We were forbidden from it as a matter of fact. 

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And  why would I want Malzahn to mention politics at all? :dunno: 

Same reason why I would want to hear politics on Sportscenter.. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

didn't say I needed alternative views of politics from sports programming. 

Squirm baby squirm 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Same reason why I would want to hear politics on Sportscenter.. :dunno:

Squirm baby squirm 

Would you prefer for us to ignore each other?

We might as well if you have no intention of limiting your responses to what I actually posted.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Would you prefer for us to ignore each other?

We might as well if you have no intention of limiting your responses to what I actually posted.

Do as you wish. You’re old enough to make your own decisions.  I just find it comical that you used to call Raptor the wiesel.

Homer gonna Homer :homer:

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s not what the Facebook fodder said. Don’t kid yourself if you think the military concerned themselves with political protests. We were forbidden from it as a matter of fact. 

I was explaining Titan's point as I understood it.  

And actually, the facebook article reflected the same reasoning I stated.  It seemed obvious to me, but I am constantly surprised how frequently so many people on this form fail to grasp what seems to be an obvious point. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Do as you wish. You’re old enough to make your own decisions.  I just find it comical that you used to call Raptor the wiesel.

Homer gonna Homer :homer:

I was not weaseling.   

You definately responded to my post with a "So you think....." type of response as if I implied such a thing.  I am constantly having to correct you by saying I didn't say - or even imply - that.  Go back and look and try to be honest with yourself.

I find this to be very tiresome.  It's a childish tactic. It's a perfect example of what I mean by "weaseling".

If you cannot even own up to it in this particular instance, then I am done with you.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And actually, the facebook article reflected the same reasoning I stated.  It seemed obvious to me, but I am constantly surprised how frequently so many people on this form fail to grasp what seems to be an obvious point. 

It partially reflected it. The particular sentence in question wasn’t factual, though.

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

Some might be but why needlessly antagonize the ones who are offended ?   It is downright stupid to even venture into that arena. Politics is pretty split so any time a business gets into politics the odds are that half of their patrons...maybe more are gonna vote with their feet or pocketbook.

Well if you know any Broncos fan who is offended and wants to give up their season tickets, please call me.  I'll gladly take those babies off of their hands.

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You definately responded to my post with a "So you think....." type of response as if I implied such a thing.

Hardly.  You’ve implied plenty, made broad statements, and never clarified why idolatry was pertinent to the question. Even if this is true, maybe you should question your own communication skills. 

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If you cannot even own up to it in this particular instance, then I am done with you.

^^^ Textbook definition of weaseling.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Please research this. You will find it is pure bullsheyt. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article171726982.html

Actually my comment was only half out of date........that part concerning Hunt. Jerry Jones made his comment and as yet has NOT retracted it. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight when the Cowboys play Arizona.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Hardly.  You’ve implied plenty, made broad statements, and never clarified why idolatry was pertinent to the question. Even if this is true, maybe you should question your own communication skills. 

^^^ Textbook definition of weaseling.

I love seeing you arguing with homer. He has been on my ignore list forever and is to dumb to realize it. so I don't see what he says unless someone quotes him. In the spirit of being civil as possible I can only say he is a pitiful person and I regret he is part ot the Auburn Family. But I have often heard there are often bastards at every family reunion.

11 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Actually my comment was only half out of date........that part concerning Hunt. Jerry Jones made his comment and as yet has NOT retracted it. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight when the Cowboys play Arizona.

Out of date? How about f------ wrong? It accuses Clark of something he never did. He didn't retract it he denied it outright. Jones has not publicly denied or confirmed anything to my knowledge. You can bet your ass he won't confirm he did this. 

Snopes actually found the source who fabricated this supposed letter to the chiefs. 

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Out of date? How about f------ wrong? It accuses Clark of something he never did. He didn't retract it he denied it outright. Jones has not publicly denied or confirmed anything to my knowledge. You can bet your ass he won't confirm he did this. 

Snopes actually found the source who fabricated this supposed letter to the chiefs. 

I guess you missed my earlier post where I thanked you for updating my claim about Hunt. As I noted I based that on something I read several weeks ago. I said I was wrong so your expletive is uncalled for.

But Jerry Jones hasn't backed off as far as I know. I saw him make his remarks a couple of weeks ago on TV. We will see what happens at tonight's game between the Cowboys and Cardinals.  

Edit--well old Jerry didn't back up what he said. That's OK. I never have liked him anyway after the way he treated Tom Landry and don't moreso now. I heard a lot of boos from the fans. One good thing about all this is I won't watch any more NFL or NBA games and that frees up a lot of hours to do other fun things. That includes the Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess you missed my earlier post where I thanked you for updating my claim about Hunt. As I noted I based that on something I read several weeks ago. I said I was wrong so your expletive is uncalled for.

But Jerry Jones hasn't backed off as far as I know. I saw him make his remarks a couple of weeks ago on TV. We will see what happens at tonight's game between the Cowboys and Cardinals.  

Edit--well old Jerry didn't back up what he said. That's OK. I never have liked him anyway after the way he treated Tom Landry and don't moreso now. I heard a lot of boos from the fans. One good thing about all this is I won't watch any more NFL or NBA games and that frees up a lot of hours to do other fun things. That includes the Super Bowl.

Good on you for taking the L there.  Kind of a gimpy way to do with the whole "well, I never liked him anyways".  But, you showed up at least.

Still, I'm going to leave this here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/25/cowboys-players-take-a-knee-with-owner-jerry-jones-before-standing-for-anthem/

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I love seeing you arguing with homer. He has been on my ignore list forever and is to dumb to realize it. so I don't see what he says unless someone quotes him. In the spirit of being civil as possible I can only say he is a pitiful person and I regret he is part ot the Auburn Family. But I have often heard there are often bastards at every family reunion.

Speaking of dumb, perhaps you weren't aware that ignoring me doesn't necessarily mean I am ignoring you.  ;D

Damn, over 18k posts and you're still a newbie.  :no:

I did miss the first post. However I feel you still deflected being wrong and spreading fake news with simply the news changing without your knowledge. If Jerry Jones said anything other than being glad or proud that his entire team stood for the anthem a year ago, I would appreciate a link. I have seen nothing except that same bs letter with either his or the Chiefs owner's name on it. Jerry knelt hand to hand with his team tonight. I give him huge credit. It was just before the anthem and flag was presented. It was a genius way to show your team you got their back AND support the military. This s*** don't have to be so damn divisive. Listen the the Pittsburg Lineman go on for about fifteen minutes explaining himself and his team's feelings on this. Their is a way for everyone to be contempt if folks would get their heads out of their asses. It's called listening and being empathetic EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE. For the first time tonight I watch Kapernick's explanation last year. No hate no anger, no disrespect intended to the military or anyone else. I was moved and felt guilty for the words I had about him earlier. I suggest you( everyone ) check it out. In case anyone missed it I was raised by a LEO and many of my very best friends are cops on different levels. I support Law Enforcement over 99% of the time. I actually feel this whole police mistreatment of minorities is overblown. But I AM NOT A MINORITY. The fact so many black people feel this way, that makes it a problem, a real problem for ALL OF US. I can't support riots, looting or violence for any reason and support shutting that s*** down as aggressively as needed. I will not complain about people peacefully kneeling again. 

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Speaking of dumb, perhaps you weren't aware that ignoring me doesn't necessarily mean I am ignoring you.  ;D

Damn, over 18k posts and you're still a newbie.  :no:

Haha, I was wondering how that works. I never ignored anyone. If I could not put up with someone I would walk away. I have temporaril. 

17 hours ago, alexava said:

Tebow wasn't run out for his display! Unless you mean his display of a slow release and inaccurate arm. I see much more bitching about his criticism than I saw of his criticism. 

I don't agree with the kneeling. I think police brutality towards black people exists but is way overblown. I am not angry about the protests, never have been. I support their right to PEACEFUL demonstration. The fact it is peaceful gets left out much of the time. We have become too much of an us vs them society. As far as police vs black people, I believe it's overplayed. But just the fact that so many black people feel targeted and mistreated makes it everybody's problem whether it's real or imagined. 

This moron president we have is no help at all. And people wonder why Mueller is so damn popular. 

I agree with much of what you said. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean it's appropriate, and I think certain people say things on social media that are inappropriate, that white supremecists marching in Charlottesville is inappropriate, and that kneeling during the National Anthem is inappropriate. 

On a positive note, I commend Jerry Jones and company for showing the correct way to peacefully protest by kneeling with the team before the National Anthem, then standing during it. That gets the point across without inciting hatred.

6 hours ago, HVAU said:

Good on you for taking the L there.  Kind of a gimpy way to do with the whole "well, I never liked him anyways".  But, you showed up at least.

Still, I'm going to leave this here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/25/cowboys-players-take-a-knee-with-owner-jerry-jones-before-standing-for-anthem/

I can’t speak for everybody but I think this is a win, too. Shows compromise, validates  and says “ I hear you” to both sides.

#Standfortheflag people should not be complaining.

8 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I agree with much of what you said. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean it's appropriate, and I think certain people say things on social media that are inappropriate, that white supremecists marching in Charlottesville is inappropriate, and that kneeling during the National Anthem is inappropriate. 

On a positive note, I commend Jerry Jones and company for showing the correct way to peacefully protest by kneeling with the team before the National Anthem, then standing during it. That gets the point across without inciting hatred.

They stood but still did not stand at attention, hand over heart. They just more or less ignored it. So just my opinion but I don't see the difference between then kneeling or standing.

Archived