Will APR Hurt Black Athletes

Proud Tiger

Actually. it will "hurt" poor students, no matter their "color".

I am thankful that Coach Tuberville recruits GOOD students and kids with GOOD character. :au:

Let the rest find somewhere else to "play". :D

APR will end up being called a racist practice in the near future, I'd put the house on it. Heck Alvin Holmes probably is working on that right now.

Despite that, you look at the players that Tuberville recruits, the number of them that are African-American, and I think that it shows that character is not in color but in the man.

APR will end up being called a racist practice in the near future, I'd put the house on it.  Heck Alvin Holmes probably is working on that right now.

148942[/snapback]

If he were to call it a racist practice, he'd essentially be saying that black athletes aren't as smart as white athletes, and deserve preferential treatment. That would be pretty stupid, even for him.

Anyway, to answer the original question: In my experience there are just as many unintelligent white athletes as there are black athletes, so no, the APR will not hurt black athletes. It will only hurt athletes who either aren't smart enough to be in college, or don't work hard enough to make the grades...oh, and of course it hurts their teammates too, by cutting scholarships and thus hurting the team's chances on the field.

APR will end up being called a racist practice in the near future, I'd put the house on it.  Heck Alvin Holmes probably is working on that right now.

148942[/snapback]

If he were to call it a racist practice, he'd essentially be saying that black athletes aren't as smart as white athletes, and deserve preferential treatment. That would be pretty stupid, even for him.

148950[/snapback]

Well, just think of why Alabama doesn't have teacher testing at the moment.

Alabama St is scared to allow teacher testing because they feel that the test are decriminating :poke: yet they can't prove what's descriminating in the test :poke::poke::poke:

148942[/snapback]

148950[/snapback]

You do have groups that claim the SAT's and ACT's are racist though. Which does the same thing, says that African-Americans are not as smart as white. This is the same guy that claimed his dui was racist when it the cop was African American, or I think it was Jenny who was talking about......... putting camera's on stoplights was a racist practice according to this man (tell me how a camera can be racist at a stop light?).

148942[/snapback]

148950[/snapback]

You do have groups that claim the SAT's and ACT's are racist though. Which does the same thing, says that African-Americans are not as smart as white. This is the same guy that claimed his dui was racist when it the cop was African American, or I think it was Jenny who was talking about......... putting camera's on stoplights was a racist practice according to this man (tell me how a camera can be racist at a stop light?).

148957[/snapback]

yet Holmes has won 5 straight elections........... uncontested!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree......race should not even be in this discussion. Thats totally wrong to make a stereo type.

simply put, no it won't. dumb is dumb regardless. it'll just make it harder to hide ignorant superstars now.

I am thankful that Coach Tuberville recruits GOOD students and kids with GOOD character. :au:

Let the rest find somewhere else to "play". :D

148825[/snapback]

Amen. I totally agree.

Archived