This is pretty Orwellian

AUDub

CDC gets a list of forbidden words that include fetus, transgender, diversity. Analysts were told they can't be used in preparing documents for next year's budget.

The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation's top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including "fetus" and "transgender" — in any official documents being prepared for next year's budget.

Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of "science-based" or ­"evidence-based," the suggested phrase is "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes," the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

I know some of the culture warrior types are happy with this, but it's pretty ridiculous. What if a researcher was investigating reducing miscarriages? How in the hell are they supposed to get their point across without using the words "fetus," "vulnerable" or "evidence based?"

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

I know some of the culture warrior types are happy with this, but it's pretty ridiculous. What if a researcher was investigating reducing miscarriages? How in the hell are they supposed to get their point across without using the words "fetus," "vulnerable" or "evidence based?"

Well, they aren't supposed to mention "science-based" information in the first place.   <_<

This is absolutely, fricken insane.  I am starting to wonder just how bad it can get before the "correction".  Hell, we've already had two civil wars.

Archived