Gun Control vs. Second Amendment

caleb1633

How should we prevent mass shootings?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How should we prevent mass shootings?

• Ban all guns
    • Ban certain types of guns
    • Increase regulations
    • Ban certain weapons and increase regulations
    • Do nothing different
    • Increase armed citizenry (to include metal detectors in schools)
    • Mental health reform

On 2/24/2018 at 2:09 AM, autigeremt said:

No because those young men, just like the drinking age, are only subject to that law inside the United States or a state where the law requires it. I get the argument but it's apples and oranges......just like an 18 year old using a grenade. 

They're highly trained and closely supervised to do it as part of their job. Plus the military is a young man's game. You want to get them younger cause they're more impressionable and easy to program. It's a lot easier to convince an 18 year old right out of high school to charge at a Machine Gun position without questioning orders, whereas a 21-22 year old who's lived on his own and been to college is potentially gonna question such an order. An Infantryman also has a shelf life and you get a few more years out of them when you get them at 18 than you would if they were 21. I'm 30 years old and can tell you, the lifestyle destroys your body. I have arthritis in every joint in my upper body, inflamed nerves, and partially separated AC joints. You don't want guys my age storming the beaches of North Korea lol.

14 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

They're highly trained and closely supervised to do it as part of their job. Plus the military is a young man's game. You want to get them younger cause they're more impressionable and easy to program. It's a lot easier to convince an 18 year old right out of high school to charge at a Machine Gun position without questioning orders, whereas a 21-22 year old who's lived on his own and been to college is potentially gonna question such an order. An Infantryman also has a shelf life and you get a few more years out of them when you get them at 18 than you would if they were 21. I'm 30 years old and can tell you, the lifestyle destroys your body. I have arthritis in every joint in my upper body, inflamed nerves, and partially separated AC joints. You don't want guys my age storming the beaches of North Korea lol.

I’m very familiar. Those jumps out of a C-130 and chinook continue to remind me every day.

But I’d fight like hell once again if I had to. 

58 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I’m very familiar. Those jumps out of a C-130 and chinook continue to remind me every day.

But I’d fight like hell once again if I had to. 

Lol I had a nice run-in with the side of a C-130 in Ft Benning.

Archived