Execution and Timing

corchjay

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

How is LSU inferior to AU?  Because you think Ed O is some horrible coach? He’s not.  Is he the best?  Nope.  But this OMG we lost to a laughing stock coach is a little goofy.  Didn’t his team win 10 games last year.  The gold standard of the consistenty debate?  And probably will again this year.

The talking points aren’t talking points they are what we call facts.  

Coaching has everything to do with last years loss to LSU and absolutely nothing to do with this years loss.  

I’m sorry corch, you’re right. No doubt Coach O will be a hall of famer one day. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its funny how after a team beats AU they suddenly improve by leaps and bounds over their previous perception. Auburn was a solid favorite for a reason. But now oh LSU is not inferior because that would mean Gus lost to an inferior opponent and we can’t admit that.

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Its funny how after a team beats AU they suddenly improve by leaps and bounds over their previous perception. Auburn was a solid favorite for a reason. But now oh LSU is not inferior because that would mean Gus lost to an inferior opponent and we can’t admit that.

Most thought going into the season AU would be a slight favorite to a toss-up.  They have poo-poo’d around some like we have yet they are ranked 5th... 5th in the nation.  In 2013 should Alabama have just said forget it because the great Saban lost to a high school coach.

This is what the “sunshine pumpers” are talking about.  Every thread is ruined by negative comments.  No one thinks our offense is perfect, our defense is perfect, our special teams or our recruiting.  But by god the “realist” will make sure we know it regardless if it’s the appropriate thread.  There is plenty of other threads to trash Gus.  This was about offense.  

So you know what I’m watching for today... and I’m pretty sure I understand what you’ll be watching for us to see if Gus is talking into the headset, questioning if he’s interfering with play calling, questioning play calling, and complaining about system and inability to develop a QB...  see the negative nancy’s Have their talking point just they aren’t based on fact 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Most thought going into the season AU would be a slight favorite to a toss-up.  They have poo-poo’d around some like we have yet they are ranked 5th... 5th in the nation.  In 2013 should Alabama have just said forget it because the great Saban lost to a high school coach.

This is what the “sunshine pumpers” are talking about.  Every thread is ruined by negative comments.  No one thinks our offense is perfect, our defense is perfect, our special teams or our recruiting.  But by god the “realist” will make sure we know it regardless if it’s the appropriate thread.  There is plenty of other threads to trash Gus.  This was about offense.  

So you know what I’m watching for today... and I’m pretty sure I understand what you’ll be watching for us to see if Gus is talking into the headset, questioning if he’s interfering with play calling, questioning play calling, and complaining about system and inability to develop a QB...  see the negative nancy’s Have their talking point just they aren’t based on fact 

Sounds great bro, because we all know that since LSU is currently 5th they will stay up there all season. Because you know, teams are never overrated or anything. How exactly is the thread ruined? Lmao...its a message board thread, not a casserole. Just enjoy the banter man and don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Oh lort! My thread my thread its ruined! I over cooked it again! Not my poor thread! Lol... sorry I ruined your casserole corch.

Everyone everyone lets pack it up and head home...I ruined it for everyone.  The thread is ruined. Back to bed folks. You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here with corch. His thread is ruined. Sorry everyone I had no idea.

54 minutes ago, corchjay said:

.  Coaching has everything to do with last years loss to LSU and absolutely nothing to do with this years loss.  

How can you say this with a straight face?  Last year was just more obvious as the coaches decided to run up the gut 17 times straight on first downs and rely on the defense and special teams to hold the lead.  This year, after Coach O decided to do a fake punt giving us great field position, we take advantage and score our third straight TD to have an 11 point lead early in the 3rd qtr. After that our offense went into hiding.  We didn’t run the ball 17 straight times, but it was none existent. Yes LSU adjusted, but Auburn couldn’t or wouldn’t, your choice.  So, our coach, just like last year, but the pressure on the other sides of the ball (defense and special teams) until the defense was the issue this year.  We still had the lead, but the offense, like last year, was out of sync and did not respond.

As mentioned before, one of the most frustrating things about Gus is he makes the same mistakes year after year.  How do you as a coach almost lose your job over a total coaching blunder and then play the same type game the next season against the same opponent AT OUR PLACE and your team disappears in the 3rd and 4th qtrs?

The officiating was the excuse for this year, but it masks the real problem, as we saw during the Arky game.  I, like others, want Gus to succeed and hope he will, but the eye test for this team is not looking good.  As you say, we have another game today to see if the offense can improve.  Maybe it will come out inspired and we blow USM away. 

when the melts are so bad folks come here and copy posts to print on another site so others can laugh at are pretty bad. so if you want to crap on the team you supposedly love and pull for is never a good look.. have any of you complaining actually emailed gus or the AD? i am betting few if any. and are you saying that we are so mediocre we can actually sit around and wish the team loses every single game to get gus gone you are not a fan. you are a bigger loser than you claim gus and the team are. and for the record the" i hope he loses all games" has been posted on here. so quit your we are honorable because we want the team to do better crap. now if you want to post positive criticism that is fine but the little snarky comments slipped in with critiques are tiresome. coach even asked this not to be a bashing thread and yet many of you do not care. your comments on a message board define who you are since so many posters do not know each other from adams house cat. and many of you come off as children or only good time fans. a true fan realizes negative comments are not going to change anything. gus is here for a while unless he gets sick and leaves this earth. as for the sunshine pumpers they are trying to make the best of the situation while we struggle. many also know we have players visit the board to read comments and there is nothing wrong with support and wishing the team our best.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is why I have been trying to stay off of the board lately because of the constant trashing of every thread.  It’s beyond tiresome. As we win tomorrow and next week and the week after and then more so I hope all the “haters” continue to be miserable as we move forward to the end of the season y’all are obviously petrified of. I for one enjoy watching my team win or lose.  I am a lot happier when we play well and when big but still the same supporting fan in good and bad. 

I think most of us support the team, win or lose.  But the disappointment from seeing good talent go to waste is hard to swallow.  I think most of the complaining is just natural human behavior.

Most of us don't understand the X&O nature of the game as you do.  We're just fans who feel we have really good reason to expect more than we've seen, and Gus is right there saying things like "We can't win them all" to make us mad.

Our complaining here is probably nothing compared to what the Bama fan forums will be like when Saban leaves and they come back to Earth.

3 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Sounds great bro, because we all know that since LSU is currently 5th they will stay up there all season. Because you know, teams are never overrated or anything. How exactly is the thread ruined? Lmao...its a message board thread, not a casserole. Just enjoy the banter man and don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Oh lort! My thread my thread its ruined! I over cooked it again! Not my poor thread! Lol... sorry I ruined your casserole corch.

drama queen much? he has been nice over and over and still the snarky remarks. it is not impressive. you just got butthurt on a message board and had to drama quessn and try to belittle someone. hey plains........it's a message board. get a grip. stiff upper lip. your preaching about something and then you turning around and doing it is not a nice look. coach takes a lot of time and effort to post articles to help us get a look at what is going on. you? just bitching and more bitching.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

drama queen much? he has been nice over and over and still the snarky remarks. it is not impressive. you just got butthurt on a message board and had to drama quessn and try to belittle someone. hey plains........it's a message board. get a grip. stiff upper lip. your preaching about something and then you turning around and doing it is not a nice look. coach takes a lot of time and effort to post articles to help us get a look at what is going on. you? just bitching and more bitching.

Hahahahahaha ok bro. You do you fifty. Thanks for the update on me though. You obviously have all the answers.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Thanks for putting me in my place. I’m gonna go over and cry for a bit...just like ol Gus after another poor offensive performance...

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Hahahahahaha ok bro. You do you fifty. Thanks for the update on me though. You obviously have all the answers.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Thanks for putting me in my place. I’m gonna go over and cry for a bit...just like ol Gus after another poor offensive performance...

you are just another cat sitting on ice cream cones and telling folks what flavor it is.

Last week we struggled on offense. Could some of that have to do with the offensive players transferring?

There had to be atleast a small effect. There are players that had to be disappointed. Maybe the players leaving had caused a little division. Nothing that should last but just enough to effect the offense a little. Kind of like what we are seeing with Clemson today with the Kelly Bryant departure. 

Oh man thats deep. You should do bumper stickers...

and you are such a bundle of joy you should work suicide hotlines am i right?

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are just another cat sitting on ice cream cones and telling folks what flavor it is.

Look ya dweeb, I do like Corch, I like his perspective. But when he has to include a lecture to some of us on how we should post on a message board, then makes a ridiculous statement that we “ruin” the thread, I’m gonna speak up. I could care less what aubiefifty has to say about it, 

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

and you are such a bundle of joy you should work suicide hotlines am i right?

And you are apparently God King of the message board who decides right and wrong

Look ya dweeb, I do like Corch, I like his perspective. But when he has to include a lecture to some of us on how we should post on a message board, then makes a ridiculous statement that we “ruin” the thread, I’m gonna speak up. I could care less what aubiefifty has to say about it, 

well ok debbie................lets hope one day you bring more to the board than bitching crying and moaning nonstop.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

well ok debbie................lets hope one day you bring more to the board than bitching crying and moaning nonstop.

I have but inevitably some jack wad like yourself gets butthurt because I apparently didn’t follow the message board protocol. Maybe one day you will bring more to the board than crying and moaning about crying and moaning and also stop playing message board police like all the other Gus lovers who can’t see past their love for Mr. Mediocre 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

And you are apparently God King of the message board who decides right and wrong

i see deflections are part of your game as well. hey it's just a message board according to you. why you so upset with a 64 year old geezer? and for the record i am not god nor king but i am damn good looking. i never said what you can and cannot say i just reminded you people have asked you nicely to ease up and you keep being an ass about it.

Ok enough guys.  I’d like to be able to go back and reference after the game in the thread to what I see.  Don’t get the thread locked.   I’m a big boy I can take the critical comments.  I just ignore once it goes beyond what I’m willing to debate over.  Well unless you say you want to slap me as one popular poster said on the board.  I told him to send the location I’d give him the opportunity.  He’s been MIA since that day.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

We can do this all day long man but at the end of it you’ll still be a jacka$$ and I’ll still be right.?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i see deflections are part of your game as well. hey it's just a message board according to you. why you so upset with a 64 year old geezer? and for the record i am not god nor king but i am damn good looking. i never said what you can and cannot say i just reminded you people have asked you nicely to ease up and you keep being an ass about it.

Oh well since you asked nicely then how dare I? Who the hell are you to ask anyway? If corch is offended by something I said then perhaps he should message me directly and not have Sarah Sanders do his dirty work for him

Archived