Saban Riff Raff

Zeek

18 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I really liked your post except for the last line. It wouldn't be hard to guess what color glasses you are looking through. I am a Bama fan and I do see holding calls that Bama isn't flagged for but I also see holding calls on every other team I watch that doesn't get flagged. My glasses are clear. See the difference?

Like we really care what a bammer thinks. Go away go cheer for your god Nicky!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I really liked your post except for the last line. It wouldn't be hard to guess what color glasses you are looking through. I am a Bama fan and I do see holding calls that Bama isn't flagged for but I also see holding calls on every other team I watch that doesn't get flagged. My glasses are clear. See the difference?

I have no doubt that there are holding calls that are missed for all teams. Also, you're on an Auburn message board, so yeah my glasses are orange and blue. I mean no ill will, it's just my opinion that quite a few holdings are missed for Alabama every week. To be honest, our offensive line should've held a little more this season as bad as they were 😂

On 11/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, AUFan21 said:

Saban does what every successful CEO has done for eternity. He surrounds himself with the best. Saban runs that team like it is his own NFL franchise. He is the coach, GM and owner. He does what every successful Nascar team does, he finds and uses the grey areas of the rule book to his advantage. He does one thing particularly well, he is not afraid to change his system. He loves winning toooo much. Why do you think he hires all these fired coaches to be "analyst." He uses them for their knowledge.

Do they cheat? Probably. Until it is proven, it is all hearsay.  You will never be able to prove he was behind anything. It will be put on some analyst as a fall guy. Good luck trying to find dirt on him.

You won't get Saban. He isn't the one doing it anyway and from what I understand stays clear of it personally and doesn't want to know about it. It is taken care of by others.

Friend of mine here that played was recruited and took a visit to Tuscaloosa. They lost him cause they heavily negatively recruited the Texas schools he was interested in. Not good when the person is Texas born/bred and lifelong fan.

12 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You won't get Saban. He isn't the one doing it anyway and from what I understand stays clear of it personally and doesn't want to know about it. It is taken care of by others.

There's a very good article about the business that was written a few years ago. The coaches usually aren't personally involved in the cash enticements. The boosters handle most of it independently. At least at the power programs.

Archived