kick six 5 years ago today

Michael X

...the 5th Anniversary of the greatest final play in a college football game ever!

Go and wish your favorite Fighting Updike fan a Happy KickSix Day!

You know, I would rather win this way than beat them every single year in a ho-hum game. This one play has brought Auburn fans so much joy, time after time. It is special. I know people are frustrated with our coach, but he was responsible for that 2013 season, for instilling that never say die spirit in that team. I will be forever grateful to Gus Malzahn for the feeling of beating Georgia and Alabama in the heart-breaking way we did. 

Makes things even more depressing when I look at the state of this program today.  All these rumors, innuendo, fighting among the puppet masters behind the scenes.  What a royal mess!

56 minutes ago, keesler said:

Makes things even more depressing when I look at the state of this program today.  All these rumors, innuendo, fighting among the puppet masters behind the scenes.  What a royal mess!

Doesn’t depress me one bit looking back. It’s a wonderful part of Auburn history. Today isn’t. 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You know, I would rather win this way than beat them every single year in a ho-hum game. This one play has brought Auburn fans so much joy, time after time. It is special. I know people are frustrated with our coach, but he was responsible for that 2013 season, for instilling that never say die spirit in that team. I will be forever grateful to Gus Malzahn for the feeling of beating Georgia and Alabama in the heart-breaking way we did. 

Yeah I love the soul crushers. It eats at them forever.

The bammers were so smug about that 1 second that the little turd gnome whined about until he got it. It was KARMA on steroids!!! The look on their faces was just priceless. And all the media attention for Auburn just had them all knotted up. It was so much fun. 

And 2010 was my second favorite Iron Bowl for many reasons.....but mostly because it was Cam's talent show after the updykes treated him in such a cruel and ugly way. They still hate him for the Camback....lol. And T-Bell taking out that condescending, full-of-himself GingerMac was so satisfying. Karma just seems to dislike hounds tooth.

Never will get tired of watching this classic ending to a great rivalry game. The #1 rivalry in all the land.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yeah I love the soul crushers. It eats at them forever.

The bammers were so smug about that 1 second that the little turd gnome whined about until he got it. It was KARMA on steroids!!! The look on their faces was just priceless. And all the media attention for Auburn just had them all knotted up. It was so much fun. 

And 2010 was my second favorite Iron Bowl for many reasons.....but mostly because it was Cam's talent show after the updykes treated him in such a cruel and ugly way. They still hate him for the Camback....lol. And T-Bell taking out that condescending, full-of-himself GingerMac was so satisfying. Karma just seems to dislike hounds tooth.

May we never act like those Bammers.  Too much success breeds that kind of smugness and arrogance.  We are all dying for that kind of success at Auburn now, but at what cost? I would rather lose a few games, but have men of character leading our young men. I’m not satisfied, because we should win the ones we should win, but I am nervous about what a replacement would look like and what it would do to our culture.  All this hatred, name calling and sarcasm makes me want to puke.  

I remember standing in my seat at the end of the game and telling my dad that I could live to be 100 and never see another game this great again. I think about that game on a fairly regularly basis. Easily my greatest memory as an Auburn fan. 

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

May we never act like those Bammers.  Too much success breeds that kind of smugness and arrogance.  We are all dying for that kind of success at Auburn now, but at what cost? I would rather lose a few games, but have men of character leading our young men. I’m not satisfied, because we should win the ones we should win, but I am nervous about what a replacement would look like and what it would do to our culture.  All this hatred, name calling and sarcasm makes me want to puke.  

Sorry, but I will take success and deal with the other things as they come along with winning any day of the week.    This last game was a complete embarrassment and One I hope never happens again.   It’s disheartening to know that going into a game that you have no chance of winning.   Not sure that I’m ok with just being ok with our “culture “

Easy to be down about the current state of affairs but I cannot watch that video without tearing up a little bit and laughing out loud. One of the reasons I still have Gary Sanders/ Gusty Yearout from 1972 on my iPod and still occasionally listen to it. Great memories shouldn't be cheapened by current events. WDE!!!!

On 11/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, Michael X said:

...the 5th Anniversary of the greatest final play in a college football game ever!

Go and wish your favorite Fighting Updike fan a Happy KickSix Day!

This is one of the worst things to ever to the Athuhletics Department and the University.

Archived