Softball vs. Colorado State

30 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Game of Thrones. I hadn't watched until I binged it a few months ago

OH.  If it wasn't for social media I would have never heard of it.  So, clearly I'm not the least bit interested in it and will never watch it.   sorry for the thread derail.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida pic....face mask too.?

Expect we will see more of that soon at AU after Swindle's injury.....not a bad idea though guess I would not make it mandatory. 

My daughter started wearing a mask in high school after a teammate got hit with a line drive.  I don't remember all of the damage done but she had several facial bones fractured. I would make them mandatory for pitchers. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Florida pic....face mask too.?

Looking at it from a pure Mass X Velocity view, it would seem to me that a pitcher is at much greater risk of suffering serious injury from the ball than a catcher, and all catchers wear headgear. A barreled-up softball can leave an aluminum at a much faster rate of speed than a pitcher can react, given the short distance from the plate., and most hitting coaches strive to teach batters to hit line drives right back where they came from. I guess pitchers know and accept the risk, but no child or grandchild of mine would. 

11 hours ago, saminbama said:

I guess we're the only 3 people in the Free World that hasn't watched it. Starting time of 6 PM and playing 2 will mean a long night for us geezers.  I'm already dragging from last night.  Monday will be a long day at work.

No, there are at least four of us.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, there are at least four of us.

and me.....seems like the same collection of old farts...… :)

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, saminbama said:

I guess we're the only 3 people in the Free World that hasn't watched it.  Starting time of 6 PM and playing 2 will mean a long night for us geezers.  I'm already dragging from last night.  Monday will be a long day at work.

GOT......yawn. I do not understand the hype at all.

Add me to the "not watching GOT" club.....but not the "old farts " collection. ;D

7 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

GOT......yawn. I do not understand the hype at all.

Add me to the "not watching GOT" club.....but not the "old farts " collection. ;D

Being an "old fart" is probably a state of mind.....so be careful.....you may also qualify whether you like it or not....:-\

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Being an "old fart" is probably a state of mind.....so be careful.....you may also qualify whether you like it or not....:-\

If it's a state of mind......I'm definitely not there yet. And don't save me a seat either........:lol:
'

Archived