Softball vs. Colorado State

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veach singles to center.   Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.  Perry up.

Fornis grounds to 3rd, throw comes home for the force.  Bases still loaded 1 out.    Greenwood with pinch hit for Maresette

Greenwood draws a walk.  Auburn leads 6-0.   Dowell due up... Aspyn Godwin will pinch hit for Dowell

Godwin singles to right.  2 runs score, Godwin attempts to take 2nd on the throw home but she is tagged out at 2nd.    2 outs. runner at 3rd and its 8-0 tigers.  Podany up.

Podany grounds to short to end top 5th.   TIgers lead 8-0.  Need 3 outs here without a run scoring to end it.

colorado state gets a runner on then an error puts runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs.   Runner steals 2nd

blooper to the right side, McCrackin goes back and makes the catch and makes a nice throw home to keep the runners at 2nd and 3rd.     1 out.

roller to 2nd, McCrackin checks the runner at 3rd, then tosses to 1st to get the out.  2 outs.

sharp grounder to 1st and Perry fields it and steps on teh bag.  FINAL.  TIGERS WIN 8-0 in 5 innings and will play in the regional final at 6PM tomorrow.

That was perfect scenario for us with our limited pitching.  I think we will play 2 tomorrow. May not close the deal, nervous about lack of depth right now, but we have shown great fight and energy since tourney play began.  Very encouraging to see.  Great job ladies for coming back and taking care of business quickly.  War eagle!

War Eagle girls!!! Way to keep fighting!!! 

#swingitforswindle  love it. 

Proud for the girls on what this team has accomplished after losing Martin.  We lost a series or two I thought we should have won; but they seem to have hung together, and are playing some pretty good softball right now.  Baylor lost their #1 pitcher and went 18-30.

Not much would be allowed to postpone GOT finale, but 2 Auburn wins will be an exception.  

Excellent game ! We can beat Arizona, we can beat them twice, if we play at our maximum ability. Gonna have to score at every opportunity to do that though.

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Not much would be allowed to postpone GOT finale, but 2 Auburn wins will be an exception.  

GOT what??

48 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I believe he's referring to "Game of Thrones".  I've never watched it, either.

I guess we're the only 3 people in the Free World that hasn't watched it.  Starting time of 6 PM and playing 2 will mean a long night for us geezers.  I'm already dragging from last night.  Monday will be a long day at work.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

GOT what??

Game of Thrones. I hadn't watched until I binged it a few months ago

I will DVR GOT.  But then I'll have to watch it after we win two tonight.  Yeah, it will be a late night and 5AM will come early.  

Florida with a different look with the uniforms today.  You don't see many numbers that large on the front with only a logo to identify the team. 

sxheg9.jpg

Archived