baseball vs Tennessee

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BJCrawford said:

I’m getting too old for Auburn sports.....but can’t pull myself away! War Eagle!!!

Yep.....get me a cardio check-up just about any time of the year....

40 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m tellin ya ... the sec is just brutal ...

It is brutal. That's why I think Auburn has actually done well considering the injuries to our pitchers this season. That was a big handicap right out of the gate.

Auburn is going into post season play with a pitching staff  kinda duck-taped together....but just getting there at all says a lot about the team and the coaches. All of this is good experience for the young Tigers and it will pay off on down the road. 

We probably won't be able to beat Vandy.....but it is baseball so you never can tell what will happen if the mojo's right.

2 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Good gracious. Needed 2-3 inches to tie the game. Loud loud out. Need 1 more

I was there.  Somebody in the LSU group behind me said the only thing that kept that ball in was all y'all Auburn fans taking a deep breath at one time.  

Great win, awesome effort by the guys in a well played game. Random observation but did anyone notice Karl Nonemaker was not coaching first base today? Wasn’t able to watch the whole game so sorry if this was already addressed but found that interesting

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

Great win, awesome effort by the guys in a well played game. Random observation but did anyone notice Karl Nonemaker was not coaching first base today? Wasn’t able to watch the whole game so sorry if this was already addressed but found that interesting

He got thrown out of the last game, so it might’ve came with a 1-game suspension.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

He got thrown out of the last game, so it might’ve came with a 1-game suspension.

Thanks, completely forgot about that but that makes sense, looking forward to getting him back

This tournament, for us, is ALL about trying to get our big hitters going, and getting our younger pitchers some big time tournament experience. Game against Vandy in a tournament setting will be invaluable to this team’s young arms. 

What this also does is teaches these guys that if they can hang in there in the SEC Tournament, they can win any regional they’ll be in. Just gotta build confidence, and a win tonight allows us to stick around until at least Thursday. Great experience for a young team, and could pay off huge dividends as early as in a few weeks. 

Archived