baseball vs Tennessee

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

JUDD WARD!!! A 2 RUN HOMER!!!!!!!

He is having a GREAT game Season!!!

Fixed that for you. 😄

Breaking thought now. Need another strong inning from Horn. Would set us up very well if he can finish this one. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Breaking thought now. Need another strong inning from Horn. Would set us up very well if he can finish this one. 

Would be nice for him to make at least another inning....not sure who would be next ...maybe just go through the roster and let a guy pitch until he walks his first batter..:) then move on to the next one.... 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Wow.....Schultz gone already. TN not giving him time to settle down.

Can't blame the manager....give a guy 15 minutes to warm up ...when he hits the mound he should be ready to throw strikes.....especially in a game like this...

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Fixed that for you. 😄

Hey there's no doubt that kid is having a fantastic season. He saved more than one game with his great play in left and then his performance at the plate has been awesome too. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Can't blame the manager....give a guy 15 minutes to warm up ...when he hits the mound he should be ready to throw strikes.....especially in a game like this...

Sometimes it takes a minute in real game time for a pitcher to get going......but in this situation TN isn't taking even the smallest chances.

Sometimes it takes a minute in real game time for a pitcher to get going......but in this situation TN isn't taking even the smallest chances.

true but that minute or two is the 6 pitches he gets when he gets the ball at the mound.....just can't let a game get further away when a guy is nowhere near the plate...

This guy in the mound, his stretch motion annoys the hell out of me. Baseball has to get this under control. He barely stops, moves his shoulders sideways, twitches his leg 4 times, yada, yada, yada. Just pitch. I don’t recall anyone doing that back in my day. That was a long time ago, but still. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

true but that minute or two is the 6 pitches he gets when he gets the ball at the mound.....just can't let a game get further away when a guy is nowhere near the plate...

Yeah.....that's what i said.....lol......TN taking no chances.....

Vols are burning through pitchers pretty fast...…

Looks like some of our games....and of course, we are not done yet either.....hoping Horn makes it another inning …and that we can add another run or two.

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

This guy in the mound, his stretch motion annoys the hell out of me. Baseball has to get this under control. He barely stops, moves his shoulders sideways, twitches his leg 4 times, yada, yada, yada. Just pitch. I don’t recall anyone doing that back in my day. That was a long time ago, but still. 

I noticed that too. It's just that kid trying to be too cute. The pitching coach needs to shut that down because it doesn't help. It's wasted energy and it's stupid.

Horn came into the game with ERA over 9 for the SEC....and has been SHARP today.....needed someone to step up at a critical moment.....his game to win I guess.

UT gone down 12 times on Ks if I've kept the count accurately.....    

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Leave Horn in?

Might as well......not sure we have anyone in the pen that I would count on any more.   

Gave up a dinger but just don't want to be walking people....so I'd leave him in until he gives up another base runner.    

Greenhill coming in...….not sure I would be doing this....he pitched a lot on Saturday and does not have a good record when heavily worked.

SH*****

Hit a batter on the first pitch..

Archived