When will it happen?

AUwent

When will it happen?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. I think we will make a head coaching change on December 2, ...

• Past that...oh god.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

So when the new guy comes in...how long will he have to deliver an SEC championship? 2 years..4 years..6. Just curious 

I am expecting multiple conference championships within a decade. No reason we can’t do that with the talent we have. I know after 8 years , If you are potentially batting .500 against the best to coach and you have only 1 Conference champion , no playoff appearances and no national championship while also getting paid top 5 pay, then that’s pretty underwhelming in my eyes. 

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am expecting multiple conference championships within a decade. No reason we can’t do that with the talent we have. I know after 8 years , If you are potentially batting .500 against the best to coach and you have only 1 Conference champion , no playoff appearances and no national championship while also getting paid top 5 pay, then that’s pretty underwhelming in my eyes. 

Since 2010 only four teams have won the SEC Championship. UGA once. LSU twice. AU twice. And Alabama five times. AU has won a national championship (with Malzahn as OC), its first since 1957, and played for another in 2013 in that time. I'd say your vision is faulty. 

29 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Since 2010 only four teams have won the SEC Championship. UGA once. LSU twice. AU twice. And Alabama five times. AU has won a national championship (with Malzahn as OC), its first since 1957, and played for another in 2013 in that time. I'd say your vision is faulty. 

If we were doing a decent job recruiting on the OL, I could somewhat agree with your point.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If we were doing a decent job recruiting on the OL, I could somewhat agree with your point.

OL is an issue. With Bicknell on staff I think that is being addressed, just as Steele addressed the defense and Morris the offense. Just my opinion. War Eagle!

Archived