Once again, more from THE DEMO-GOGUES

Tigermike

THE DEMO-GOGUES

Great Democrat Orators: "We're going to do something. We're not going to do nothing." -- John Kerry

Beware of people who say "Trust me": "The American people should trust the Democrats because we originated Social Security. This was a very entrepreneurial idea of the New Deal and Democrats will not allow the Republicans to turn this great deal for the American people into a raw deal for them by what they are proposing. They've never really supported Social Security, and the way to damage it...is to destroy the universality of it. The genius of Social Security at the time was that everybody supported it in terms of the working families of America because they got a stream of income commensurate to what they put into the program." -- Nancy Pelosi

From the "Mount Peculiar State": "This is not a country where we say that just one party has a sole voice on everything. We've always believed in checks and balances. That's what makes our democracy so great. And we want to keep an independent judiciary. That is my basic concern." -- Sen. Patrick Leahy

From the "Demo Plunder Sweepstakes" Files: "Do I want to cut 50 percent of a middle-income person's retirement benefits or do I want to ask the top 1 percent of income earners to do with a little less of a tax cut on a permanent basis? That choice is easy, and I think most of my colleagues, Republicans and Democrats, would prefer that option." --Demo Senator Karl Marx -- er -- Chris Dodd

Not more "seared" memories!: "The sad anniversary of the Abu Ghraib torture scandal is now upon us. ... The images of cruelty, and perversion are still difficult to look at a year later. ... These images are seared into our collective memory." -- Ted Kennedy **Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

The genius of Social Security at the time was that everybody supported it in terms of the working families of America because they got a stream of income commensurate to what they put into the program." -- Nancy Pelosi

Of course the Dems want to "Needs Test" it now. That means that you are now guaranteed to never: "get a stream of income commensurate to what they put into the program."

Archived