College-Educated Professionals Are Capitalism’s Useful Idiots

DKW 86

Could not agree more: Already counting the facepalms and the thumbs down from the Useful Idiots...:tease:
Like my own story, I kind of came to my senses years ago about just what are we doing here. Tosay, At my plant, we cannot keep workers. We used to have high school graduates fighting for jobs here. 20-30,000 would apply. Now, we have to have two different temp services on site just to BARELY get the line started. Now? We will hire anyone, no diploma, bad arrest record, bad work history and most dont stay a month. We are literally 12 weeks behind schedule and cannot keep up. Everyone in our industry is the same way. Why? We wont pay enough to keep any employees. Our temps are making 10.25/hr for second shift. I would not even drive down the driveway for 10.25/hr. We now pay $50/week for  perfect attendance: IE showing up to work. Why dont we just pay them 1.25 more per hour? Because this is temporary if they can get us to drop it latr on when sales fall back to norm. Folks, we are usually at 95-98% Availability. This week? We are at 1-4 % depending on the product. That is no exaggeration. Pure fact. Yesterday, I heard something that is totally foreign to my work place. A Union is about to bust in the doors and the Vote will likely be well over 80%, it could go 90%. There is only so much the American Working Class can give away. 

I have friends that work in what were great jobs in the 50-70s that are now paid peanuts and get crap for benefits. That is why i want M4A.We spend $7BN on Medical now, we can get everyone decent health care. Today, most of the people I used to work with have a "Go to the hospital, come home, file bankruptcy plan." The PPACA was a great start, but now looks like a disaster, but it was trying to get others better care. My plan was once Platinum. It is now high bronze at best. My copay for surgery Back in February was $4100 at a walkin surgery center. If you havent gotten hit in the face, your day is coming. The 1% will never be happy with their wealth. It's why Bezos, while making more money than ever slashed Amazon's Healthcare Benefits. He wasnt making enough profit while making more profit than he had ever made. There are no longer good businessmen. I think we killed them all off in the 80-90s for even more profit back then. We have to stop circling the drain. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/08/i-was-useful-idiot-capitalism/615031/

College-Educated Professionals Are Capitalism’s Useful Idiots, How I got co-opted into helping the rich prevail at the expense of everybody else
AUGUST 7, 2020 Kurt Andersen
Author of Evil Geniuses: The Unmaking of America: A Recent History

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Even on this forum, a ridiculous premise can get ignored.

I figure that's progress. ;)

Could not agree more: Already counting the facepalms and the thumbs down from the Useful Idiots...:tease:

And just like magic, they appear...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>See, they appeared right below here.

Archived