players meeting to discuss ways to affect change

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Well, I think Snopes has taken a page out of CNN’s playbook. They rate this as ”Mostly True.” Both are a joke. Lol 

E32221CF-0F6B-4418-B121-AE7FECDCB6A7.png

Does “mostly true” mean sometimes it doesn’t redirect?  :rimshot:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does “mostly true” mean sometimes it doesn’t redirect?  :rimshot:

I guess so. Lmao 

Maybe sometimes it takes you to an “adult” site?😂🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

I guess so. Lmao 

Maybe sometimes it takes you to an “adult” site?😂🤷‍♂️

You know you could read  the article to find out right? :P 

EDIT: to be less snarky, you're pretty much right. The website was claimed this year and has changed many times. No idea if it's a prank or actual antifa who support Biden. 

9 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

You know you could read  the article to find out right? :P 

EDIT: to be less snarky, you're pretty much right. The website was claimed this year and has changed many times. No idea if it's a prank or actual antifa who support Biden. 

I’ll just say I “mostly” read the article....

On 8/29/2020 at 7:26 PM, AUEngineer2016 said:

You just missed the entire point lol. 

I get the sentiment behind what you're saying, but there is a crisis in this country right now centering around Black people. Adding in "White Lives Matter" and "Asian Lives Matter" (while those things are definitely true) only distracts from the BLM movement. 

I won't even touch White Lives Matter. Given the history of this country, white people have made it ABUNDANTLY clear how much they (we, I'm white as well) feel our lives matter, and at times have even gone as far as how much more their (our) lives mattered more than others. 

Asian lives absolutely matter, and they are 100% another group that has faced sever discrimination in the US (see the internment camps during WWII for an example). However, when someone says "Black Lives Matter", if you respond with "Yeah, so-and-so's lives matter, we all matter" you've missed the point. Yes, it's true- Black Lives Matter and White Lives Matter, and Asian Lives Matter, and Male Lives Matter and Female Lives Matter and Trans Lives Matter and (as you said) "We All Matter".

But Black our country has been built on a foundation of predujice against Black people. It's ingrained into the very fabric of the country, from the Constitution which says that they believe "All Men are Created Equal" while owning slaves to the "Birther" movement against former President Obama and police response to Black Americans (who in 2019 were shot to death by Police at 3.6 times the rate that White people were (sources from Statista here and US Census here). They are the proverbial "Building on fire" right now, and We All Can't Matter until Black Lives Matter. 

Well said.

23 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I have no problem with supporting my black neighbors and friends and stepping out front to push for meaningful change.....but I won’t support the rioting,  destruction, assaults and killing. Whites are a big part of this as well. A lot of anti American whites are causing a lot of disgusting moments and it’s not helping the black community at all. 

Also well said. But with a caveat :

"Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I also don't want to see any destruction, assaults, or killings. But hey, the Boston Tea Party was ok, since it was about taxes (what all politics should be about, how we spend our money) and equality and justice under the law. What is legal and what is right is sometimes different when it is about how we treat each other.

Archived