Double voting in Georgia

SocialCircle

On 9/9/2020 at 9:31 AM, AUDub said:

Trump literally just told people to do this lol.

No he didn't. He said go, check if your ballot was received and if it wasn't, vote in person. Y'all haters are just plain silly.

Okay, so the math geek min me wants to know, does this mean that the other 58% were registered Democrats?

I am assuming that you MUST declare which you are in the Primaries.

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Okay, so the math geek min me wants to know, does this mean that the other 58% were registered Democrats?

Yep, you do...voted in a primary for the first time in the spring. Don't regret it, as I was voting for a friend, but damn, I got tired of the party spam in the mail afterward. I guess that means I'm now registered with a party...Pfft. The national red and blue parties can go piss up a rope.

Sending ballots by mail to every registered voter is a recipe for a flustercuck. So many moving parts that require honesty and neutrality (people die...people move...have voting rolls been checked and purged of people no longer in a given precinct, etc.) and those qualities seem to be in damned short supply these days. I don't trust that it will be implemented properly on a large scale.

Nothing voting-wise is 100% guaranteed and never has been, but I live in "what is, and not what I wish it was" world, and I trust a ballot cast in person more than any other method. From my hand directly to the ballot, with no middle-persons to potentially muck it up.

Absentee ballot requests that are legitimate (military, disability, etc...."I'm too lazy to go to a polling place" doesn't count) are obviously fine, don't misunderstand. 

I don't think enough of a distinction is being drawn between absentee ballot requests (fine) and just mailing ballots to all registered voters.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:51 AM, DKW 86 said:

You are correct. 

Archived